Lrrps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lrrps

Looking for good books on LRRPS and their operations.My public library is coming up short.Anyone have any suggestions?
    "Give me 26 soldiers of lead and I will conquer the world"Johann Guttenburg circa 1450
    IN GOD WE TRUST

Try finding a copy of Rangers At War by Stanton:

Opsrey have a good volume on them as well by Gordon Rottman:

Comment

Thank you for such a quick response to my request,hope the new year is good to you and yours....
      "Give me 26 soldiers of lead and I will conquer the world"Johann Guttenburg circa 1450
      IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

Any of the books by Gary Linderer or larry Chambers.

For the Same kinds of activities but for the Marine Force Recon the books by Doc Bruce Norton are good too.

Comment

Thank you also,I got a good list going now.I read "A SHU VALLEY"a couple of years ago,very good,worth a reread.I recently retired from the Post Office and thought I would have more reading time,but my step-son,daughter-in-law and 2 mo. old grandson [that's number 11 ]moved back home,so my reading time is between feedings and play time,thanks again and have a prosperous new year...
          IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

I have a copy of Shelby Stanton's 'Rangers at war' and to be honest I do not rate it all that highly. There are a lot of facts and stories, but no really convincing accounts of action and no coherent narrative.

It's not that it is a bad book, and I do not want to bag Stanton as a writer, but for me it is not an unputdownable read.

The real test is that a year after first reading it, I can't remember a damn thing from the book, and if there was a thread on Rangers or LRRP's I would not have a single contribution to source from that work.
            Last edited by Chukka; 16 Jan 10, 21:53.
            One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
            Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Recondo: LRRPs in the 101st Airborne

Diary of an Airborne Ranger: A LRRP's Year in the Combat Zone

First Force Recon Company: Sunrise at Midnight -Partially about the Marine version of LRRPs
              Last edited by IronMan15; 01 Feb 10, 19:10.
              "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
              -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

Working...
              X