Pull Up a Sandbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull Up a Sandbag

A little Plug for my own book if that is okay? any thoughts/comments on the book from members who have read it would be very much appreciated added to this thread. We are currently working on the sequel after being encouraged to do so by many people.

You can view the book here:

http://www.pull-up-a-sandbag.co.uk

Newbies were ordered to sign out the 25m Pipe Range Cleaning Kit. With one end of a 30m rope around his waist and the other tied to the mattress he would struggle for 20 minutes trying to pull it through the range : )

Congratulations on the book. I'll look out for it when I am in town later on this month. Sounds like a great read.

Comment

Hmm looks like a decent read Al, I will have a look and see if I can locate it locally if not will take a run at getting it online.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Cheers Mackie & Les Brains, we had an uphill struggle with the Publisher getting it onto Amazon.co.uk due to the Pound that is donated to Help 4 Heroes for Every Copy sold they didn't want to lose any more if they let it go on Amazon! in the end myself and the Co-Author had to buy stock from them and add it to Amazon ourselves. I started a FaceBook Group up for the book also, which has over 2,000 members and we've had some really good comments and reviews in there.

If you are in the U.K. you can however get the book at the following Watersones around the Country:

Waterstones Stores

If not, then go direct to: http://www.pull-up-a-sandbag.co.uk

Many Thanks once again for the comments here...

Mackie, where are you from in Scotland? I'm originally from Helensburgh...

Newbies were ordered to sign out the 25m Pipe Range Cleaning Kit. With one end of a 30m rope around his waist and the other tied to the mattress he would struggle for 20 minutes trying to pull it through the range : )

Comment

Originally posted by Gundulph View Post
          Cheers Mackie & Les Brains, we had an uphill struggle with the Publisher getting it onto Amazon.co.uk due to the Pound that is donated to Help 4 Heroes for Every Copy sold they didn't want to lose any more if they let it go on Amazon! in the end myself and the Co-Author had to buy stock from them and add it to Amazon ourselves. I started a FaceBook Group up for the book also, which has over 2,000 members and we've had some really good comments and reviews in there.
          It's great that a donation goes out to H4H, it's just a shame you guys had such a struggle to get it on Amazon. It will be worth it though and I'll prod my mates into getting a copy.

If you are in the U.K. you can however get the book at the following Watersones around the Country:

Waterstones Stores

If not, then go direct to: http://www.pull-up-a-sandbag.co.uk

Many Thanks once again for the comments here...
          Ah, not available at my Waterstones. I've added to my Amazon basket instead.

Mackie, where are you from in Scotland? I'm originally from Helensburgh...
          Just beside Aberdeen. I've never been up to Helensburgh before, Glasgow is the closest I've been.

Comment

Thanks Mackie...

Sounds good. I'm not sure if I was ever in Aberdeen. I have only been back to Scotland three times in the last 15 years, twice to wlk the West Highland Way and the third time doing explosives trials on the West Coast, one of our lads had transferred from the Infantry and he got us a special tour of Edinburgh Castle when we went up there for a day, it wasn't until we went down the road from the castle car park and into a pub that we realised how he managed to get us the special tour that civvies are never taken on, the pub had lots of pictures of the resident 'Pipes & Drums' Platoon from down the years and there he was in one of the pics when he was a Piper in the Infantry!

Comment

guess it would be an ok time to say I'm 3 generations removed Scot myself.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Congratulations for your book! It sounds funny and smart...
                A ME LE GUARDIE
                "Di noi treṃ la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

Many thanks Granatiere,

Well out of around 50 comments received through Amazon and FaceBook there has not been one bad comment so far, in fact some of the comments have made me laugh! one guy in particular brought it with him on Jury Service only to be told off and warned by the Judge as he was giggling through the court case!

Great to see how Worldwide the members of ACG are, my Wife speaks Italian fluently as she spent 2 years there after the Bosnian War to get her Masters, she is an anaesthetist from Sarajevo and loves everything to do with Italy, what she is doing with a former British Squaddie who knows!!!

Comment

Congratulations on publishing your book. That is a terrific accomplishment and contribution to society!
                    Publisher
                    Armchair General Magazine
                    Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Weider View Post
                      Congratulations on publishing your book. That is a terrific accomplishment and contribution to society!
                      Thanks Eric...

Your comments are very much appreciated we are working on the sequel at the moment and get togetehr once a week for our own "Jonathan Smiles" Happy Hour at a restaurant/bar in Sarajevo to swap stories and take notes, oh! and drink an ale or two in the process

Cheers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X