Those Devils in Baggy Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Devils in Baggy Pants

I order my books through Abebooks.com becuase its cheap and the books usually show in up in great condition. I was a little disappointed when I got Those Devils in Baggy Pants the other day becuase the book looked beat to hell. Then I started looking at and think maybe its something special.

Its an old library book and, though someone has ripped the check-out sheet off, there are dates from 1955 and 1968 on there. The copyright is 1951. Would this be a first edition?

No matter what edition, I am excited to read this one. I don't think I have ever owned a book that is older than I am though. My parents were both young kids when this book came out.

Lucky You!

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
    I order my books through Abebooks.com becuase its cheap and the books usually show in up in great condition. I was a little disappointed when I got Those Devils in Baggy Pants the other day becuase the book looked beat to hell. Then I started looking at and think maybe its something special.

Its an old library book and, though someone has ripped the check-out sheet off, there are dates from 1955 and 1968 on there. The copyright is 1951. Would this be a first edition?

No matter what edition, I am excited to read this one. I don't think I have ever owned a book that is older than I am though. My parents were both young kids when this book came out.
    In 1951 the first edtion of Those Devils in Baggy Pants was published. It's my favorite book...

Is it paperback? Does it have the drawn paratrooper in harness on it?

I like the one with the color drawing that looks right out of a comic book...

I'm very pleased to be the proud owner of three copies of the book, as it follows my grandfathers outfit closer than any other book I've come across. Almost every time Carter refers to "another company" he means B Company, my grampa's company. In a good portion of their battles, the two companies worked close together while the other company in the battalion served as a CP for the Colonel of the Regiment.
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I think it has been rebound. The cover is light green/ dark green and the title is written on it. Do you have a first edition Paul?

Comment

I think it has been rebound. The cover is light green/ dark green and the title is written on it. Do you have a first edition Paul?
        Yeah, it was my grampa's. He gave to my Dad, and then I got it. It's over at my Dad's house right now, so I can't confirm the copyright date, but according the internet 1951 is the first edition.

I also have a 1957 copy (the one with the comicbook-like drawing), and new hard-cover copy for reading...
        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I thought you would have one, but was prepared to do a swap so you could have mine if that wasn't the case. I am pretty excited, though it won't have the meaning for me that it does for you.

I am thinking I am pretty lucky right now! Now if only I could find the book White Squall is based on for under $50, life would be great. They run over $200...for a book! I think its on the West Coast where one store has several copies.

Comment

Heather, prices are relative to demand. When I started collecting Command Magazine, I sometimes had to pay $100 for a combination Magazine and Game! I paid it fast and grinned the whole time!

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

I understand that. I also understand that I can't pay $200+ for a book. Maybe one day I can afford that silly book.

Comment

I am thinking I am pretty lucky right now!
                You are very lucky! It's a treasure. Let me know if you have any questions when you read it. When you're done I'd love to discuss it with you...

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                  You are very lucky! It's a treasure. Let me know if you have any questions when you read it. When you're done I'd love to discuss it with you...
                  Sounds good Paul! Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X