Paperbackswap.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paperbackswap.com

I just stumbled across an online book trading website. Are any forum members familiar with this club? It sounds great, but should I be wary?
    Last edited by Lance Williams; 23 Dec 08, 17:57.
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
    I just stumbled across an online book trading website. Are any forum members familiar with this club? It sound great, but should I be wary?

My girlfriend has been using it for several years, The only problems she has had are when the post office delivers to the wrong house, or very rarely we someone list a book that they donít have.

The same group also has sites to swap CDís and DVDís .
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I just browsed the site and it looks pretty interesting. I noticed that they are PayPal Verified and accredited by the Better Business Bureau so I would think they would be pretty legit.

I may just sign up and try it out.
      "Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded."

"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded."

Rangers Lead The Way

Comment

It seemed legit to me too. It appears that the sender pays the postage, so the trick would be not to list any really heavy titles....
        Lance W.

Comment

I've been using this site for a couple of weeks now since reading this thread and it kicks butt.

Easy to use and cheap (just post ten books to start and you get two credits to order books from other members, when you mail a book you've posted you get another credit, you just pay the postage). You can add money to your account, then print out the wrapping paper that has the address and postage on it, wrap the book, stick it in your mailbox to be mailed and your're done. Instant credit when you do it this way.

I've found several books that I've been trying to find for years. I highly recommend it!

Also started using it's sister side swapadvd.com and I like it also. Pretty much works the same way as above.
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Chuck,

Thanks alot for the feedback. I guess I'm going to have to sign up........
            Lance W.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
              Chuck,

Thanks alot for the feedback. I guess I'm going to have to sign up........
              I checked this site out after reading your post here. I signed up shortly thereafter and I got my first book in the mail today. I can only give the site high marks. It is a very open and helpful community of people and the site has lots of great features. I have mailed a bunch of books myself and am waiting on a bunch as well. The selection is huge and the site makes it easy to move your books as well as get books you're interested in. I've been having a blast with it since I joined.

I highly recommend it.
              "Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded."

"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded."

Rangers Lead The Way

Comment

I'm glad that my little find is working out so well...........
                Lance W.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X