Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falkland Island Conflict recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chukka
    replied
    Close quarter battle , by Mike Curtis is an exceptionally good read from the infantryman's eye view. The boook covers his experiences in the Paras at goose green and beyond, then trying for and entering the SAS, Gulf war one and a soldiers life in general.

Leave a comment:

• Kendrick
    replied
    I would recommend Martin Middlebrook's 'The fight for the Malvanes', as one of the few books to describe the war from the view of the Argentinan serviceman. Of course they are a great many good books which view the war mainly from the British side, I think I would go for Max Hastings 'The battle for the Falklands' as the best general overview of the conflict.

Leave a comment:

• vyshka
    replied
    ONE HUNDRED DAYS: THE MEMOIRS OF THE FALKLANDS BATTLE GROUP COMMANDER by Admiral Woodward has been recommended before.

Leave a comment:

• R.N. Armstrong
    replied
    For general overview, I would recommend "War in the Falklands: The Full Story" by The Sunday Times of London Insight Team. This Insight Team work did not have the reception that they did with their 1973 Yom Kippur War.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Saigon
    replied
    "The Battle for the Falklands". by Max Hastings and Simon Jenkins.

Leave a comment:

• Frankenstein
    replied
    Ummm... it was a joke....

Been sitting on the pic for a while now, just waiting for an opportunity to use it.

Leave a comment:

• PatBC
    replied
    Come on it was only 26 hours not all read the forum everyday.

Leave a comment:

• Frankenstein
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Frankenstein
    started a topic Falkland Island Conflict recommendation?

Falkland Island Conflict recommendation?

I recently came across an old copy of "Above All, Courage" while I was re-arranging the bedroom furniture (wife's idea, not mine...). Reading through it, my interest in this conflict was renewed. I was 14 back when the war was fought and I remember following the news daily; I even have a couple of the local news clippings from the time.

Although it's an interesting read, it's not really a history per se. I was hoping someone could recommend a good book on the conflict that covers the whole conflict from beginning to end.

Maybe Dr. Sinister will chime in as well, I know he has an interest in the conflict.
    Last edited by Frankenstein; 10 Jul 08, 17:42.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X