Battle of Kursk reading list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of Kursk reading list?

What are your book recommendations on the Battle of Kursk? I am doing a battle analysis, which is just a 15-minute presentation for my senior military science class before commissioning this spring so I would like to have a better understanding of it. Not necessarily a scholarly understanding but not a shallow one since I only have about a month before I have to present.

From my search it seems these come up as the definitive books on the topic:
    Kursk 1943: The Greatest Battle of the Second World War by Roman Töppel
    The Battle of Kursk by David M. Glantz and Jonathan M. House
    Demolishing the Myth: The Tank Battle at Prokhorovka, Kursk, July 1943: An Operational Narrative by Valeriy Zamulin
    BLOOD, STEEL, AND MYTH: The II.SS-Panzer-Korps and the Road to Prochorowka by George Nipe Jr.

Anyone read these, are they worthwhile?
    Battle of Kursk: Controversial and Neglected Aspects by Valeriy Zamulin
    The Forgotten Battle of the Kursk Salient: 7th Guards Army’s Stand Against Army Detachment Kempf' by Valeriy Zamulin
    Armor and Blood: The Battle of Kursk, The Turning Point of World War II by Dennis E. Showalter
    Zitadelle: The German Offensive Against the Kursk Salient 4–17 July 1943 by Mark Healy
    The Battle of Prokhorovka: The Tank Battle at Kursk, the Largest Clash of Armor in History (Abridged) by Christopher A. Lawrence (cannot afford his 1600 page $270 edition unless I can get it on loan)

The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

I'd consider looking at the following:51bgtT4favL._SX369_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Kursk: The Air Battle: July 1943

and the following article with references:
    http://www.allworldwars.com/Battlefi...y-Dalecky.html
    for a good view of the air actions.

Of the books above I've read Healy, Glantz, Lawrence and Toppel. All were good. Toppel is good for the current scholarship. Healy is a good short study but if i had to read just one it would be Glantz.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X