X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steve4eld
    replied
    Cannot go wrong with Shaara

Mitch, Rising tide, or Steel Tide - either way you cannot go wrong.

If you like the book, go to Shaara's web site and tell him. He will respond back to you.

Cheers,

Steve

Leave a comment:

• MitchW
    replied
    This is just the question I was asking myself when I started reading today Jeff Shaara's "The Rising Tide". Any one read this? It's pretty good so far, though I'm only a couple chapters into it so far. Don't know much about the North Africa campaign.

Leave a comment:

• Roadkiller
    replied
    Originally posted by McKennsy View Post
    Thats it!! Thanks a lot. It's already been ordered and is on its way as I type this .

Thanks again.

No problem, I have been called a "Font of Useless Information".

It's nice when it can be used

Leave a comment:

• McKennsy
    replied
    I fully intend to hang around. I've been lurking for a while, and I was fairly sure I could find that book with a little help from the forum. So I went to the "trouble" of registering

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Saigon
    replied
    See how helpful this place can be. You should stick around. The people here have a lot of knowledge to share and you might find other interesting things you can discuss with them

Leave a comment:

• McKennsy
    replied
    Thats it!! Thanks a lot. It's already been ordered and is on its way as I type this .

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Roadkiller
    replied
    This one?

German Invasion Plans for the British Isles, 1940.

"Packets of reconnaissance materials were put together for the invading forces, and the most intriguing parts are now reproduced here. Each soldier was to be given maps and geographical descriptions of the British Isles that broke down the country by regions, aerial photographs pinpointing strategic targets, an extensive listing of British roads and rivers, strategic plans for launching attacks on each region, an English dictionary and phrase book, and even a brief description of Britainís social composition. "

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bi.../00/256333.ctl

Leave a comment:

• Looking for a book about The German invasion of England

Hi,

Hopefully somebody here can help me. A few weeks ago I was browsing in a second hand bookshop and came accross a reproduction of a book issued by the German militay to its officers regarding the invasion of England.It was a small pocket sized book.

It gave details that they would need to know for the invasion of England, such as you have to drive on the left, sign posts were in miles not kilometres, the types of roadnetworks available in different parts of the country etc.

I didnt have much time so I just left the book meaning to take a proper look at it a few days alter. Unfortunately, as it the way with these things, it was gone when I went back.

Does anybody know the book that I'm talking about, and if so where I could get a copy. The more I'm thinking about it, the more I want to read it. If you have any other info regarding such books issued to other countries troops let me know as well.

Thanks.

P.S. First time poster. Hopefully it'll be a success.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• asterix
    New York AG to sue the NRA
    by asterix
    New York Attorney General Letitia James launches lawsuit against the National Rifle Association alleging financial discrepancies:

https...
    Today, 05:46
  • casanova
    Emanuel Macron
    by casanova
    The French president Emmanuel Macron visited Beirut, Libanon. He watched the devastation in the city, caused by the Amoniumnitrat explosion....
    Today, 01:27
  • casanova
    Beirut
    by casanova
    A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
    Yesterday, 23:35
Working...
X