Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Of Battle

Hi,

I need help on finding individual books on the order of battle for the major individual armies involved in World War II. Looking for something like the information on Wikipedia on a very brief and short history of each individual army groups, divisions, their change of command, their achievements or failures, etc. Basically like having Wikipedia cross reference links on a book.

And namely on the major combatants like :- Germans, Soviets, British, Americans Japanese and Italians

Thanks, anything will help. I have done some search and usually come up with books that are in many volumes and very very costly. Anything that is more condensed will do too.

Thanks so much.

Have you checked out any of these:
    http://www.ospreypublishing.com/list...es.php/ser=BTO

Comment

Hi Chris,

I certainly have checked them out but they are really quite scattered and i was hoping of finding them in just one thick volume. Is there anything that is quite handy as a reference? I am not so much into a deep study of it, but just a guide on how i name certain divisions, or corps in strategy games.

Comment

Have you tried Nafzigers? I have their volume of the French forces in World War 2. The problem you will run into is sheer size of references! The Soviets and Germans are going to be a bit of a problem for you, even for just basic data.

Some magazines like Strategy and Tactics and Command will also have order of battle data.

Pruitt
        Last edited by Pruitt; 02 Jun 08, 15:29.
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X