Fire And Blood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire And Blood

I just started Martin's tome about the previous three hundred years before the Game of Thrones era. Heavy going and somewhat dry reading. No maps, no genealogical chart, but a dozen or more new names and places we never heard of per page so far. Not an adventure, but more like a fantasy history.

Apparently, this will also be a series, although Martin is now infamous for not finishing what he starts.

Hopefully, the book will improve, but it is definitely not up to the standard set by the first books in the GoT series.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    ....Apparently, this will also be a series, although Martin is now infamous for not finishing what he starts....
    I'd say. I am still waiting for him to finish the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The last book he wrote in that series (A Dance with Dragons) was published in 2011. So I won't be starting any new series by him until after he dies.

"I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
      I'd say. I am still waiting for him to finish the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The last book he wrote in that series (A Dance with Dragons) was published in 2011. So I won't be starting any new series by him until after he dies.
      That's how I feel, too.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X