The World War I Reader - Book Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World War I Reader - Book Review

The World War I ReaderEdited by Michael S. Neiberg. 2007. New York University Press (www.nyupress.org). SC. 375 pages; 5 maps.

At the start of the new year, the number of American World War One veterans now stands at two, after the death of J. Russell Coffey on December 20 of last year. According to Wikipedia, there are three veterans of the Great War still living within the United States - two American and one Canadian - who have reached the ages of 106, 107, and 108. It is a very somber realization to know that by the end of this year, America could very well lose three great men, and with them, the last contact this country has with one of the most important moments in recorded history.

Military historians know just how vital it is to document and publish the facts and stories ... Full Article
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Failed to mention, only five small maps included, and no other photos. Would've liked to see more of those added. However, the first hand accounts and anecdotes here should not be missed.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X