82nd Airborne Division books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82nd Airborne Division books

I'm looking for the best divisional history on the 82nd, covering everything, from their creation to present day. I'm also looking for books covering their role in Operation Just Cause (Panama) & Desert Shield. Does anyone have some good recommendations?
    Kampfgruppe - A war gaming clan since 1998

82nd Airborne

http://forums.strikehold504th.com

These guys are the experts in 82nd Airborne text. Try them out....
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

The only one I know of is in french:

Comment

Here are the ones you want:

http://www.allamerican82nd.com/

I would recommend you start with All American All the Way. It is a superb accounting of the division.
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Devils in Baggy Pants

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
          Here are the ones you want:

http://www.allamerican82nd.com/

I would recommend you start with All American All the Way. It is a superb accounting of the division.
          I think that's the Phil Nordyke site, isn't it? He gets some of his research material from the site I posted, and is a contributing Forum member (the Forum is extremely slow though).

Jim- 10 years with the 82nd AB! You, sir, are THE MAN! (I come a family of flying monkeys with guns)

Last edited by Paul Mann III; 30 Nov 07, 15:38.
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Thank you for all the suggestions. I picked up "All American All the Way."

What about more modern exploits of the 82nd? In particular, Operation "Just Cause" & Desert Shield? I've only been able to find books that cover the 82nd in WW2, mostly.
            Kampfgruppe - A war gaming clan since 1998

Comment

I seem to think I remember a book about the 82nd and Just Cause by an author named Biggs (?). Don't believe I've seen one about us in DS/DS. I was there, so I already know what we did.

Operation Just Cause @ Air University Library

Persian Gulf War @ Air University Library
              Last edited by Jim H. Moreno; 11 Dec 07, 12:27.
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

D-Day

Try "Night Drop" by SLA Marshall.

Covers all the fighting on June 5-7, 1944.
                Kevin Kenneally
                Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X