Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Angel From Vietnam

Hi All,

New to the site. I have a forty page website I hope you all can visit...

www.geocities.com/militarypoliceofvietnam

I spent four years in Vietnam, two as an MP and two as a civilian worker. It's got some great pictures and will interest everyone. If you're an MP, send me your photo and I'll add you to the site. It would be my honor.

Also have written a book, The Angel From Vietnam, that won the Military Writers of America Distinguished Honor award for 2005. Hope you can check it out.

Hope to be able to spend some time here.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by jim416; 02 Oct 07, 21:49.

Just got my author copies, if anyone is interested.

Comment

Thanks for the website info. I passed it along to a friend who was an MP at Long Binh during the early part of the Easter Offensive in 1972.

The book looks very interesting, Jim. I'll have to check for a copy.
      All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

Originally posted by jim416 View Post
        Just got my author copies, if anyone is interested.
        What do you mean? You are going to sell these as signed copies by you as opposed to buying it from Amazon?

I am interested. Normally I buy my books used but I am thinking about making an exception for this one.

Comment

Kentek, thanks for passing that along.

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
          What do you mean? You are going to sell these as signed copies by you as opposed to buying it from Amazon?

I am interested. Normally I buy my books used but I am thinking about making an exception for this one.
          I'm cheaper than Amazon.

Guarantee you'll like the book. It's NOT a war book. Although I include the MP log from what happened on the first night of TET in Saigon, there is no fighting in the rest of the book. It's "growing up, the Vietnam War, a daughter (my daughter, Phuong, on the cover over my photo), and healing".

The book actually starts with this passage.

Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
          for Your name's sake, O LORD, pardon my iniquity, for it is great.
          Look on my affliction and my pain, and forgive all my sins.

The book actually comes full circle from a tragedy in my youth (1964) to a tragedy in my latter years and subsequent miracle that saved my life.

I hope you can read it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X