New Osprey Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Osprey Series

Osprey is coming out with a new series. those of you who are fans of Osprey and there Vanguard, new Vanguard and many other series will be happy to know they have a new series coming out called. Duel.

It takes a look at how certain war machines fared against others. the first series in which I just ordered covers the P-51 Mustang vs the FW 190 and the Sherman Firefly vs the Tiger.
    Once I get them in my hand i will post a full review. I am looking forward to it.

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

c.d.

I am looking forward to these as well, especially the Sherman Firefly vs Tiger. Now that is a good thing to have in the near future!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
      I am looking forward to these as well, especially the Sherman Firefly vs Tiger. Now that is a good thing to have in the near future!

Cheers
      I got them both yesterday (Monday), although I didn't get a chance to read them all the way through I really like what I saw. The Tiger vs Firefly series deals with Wittman and his demise among other topics.

Chad
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Good deal there!!

I better run to the hobby store and get an order in, if they don't already have it! I hear that there is a film/movie in progress, filming right now, would this be something related to the Wittmann book?

Cheers

Comment

Good! So how long until they do M-60 vs T-62???

Comment

Wow, sounds good! Going to D&J Hobby this weekend for sure.
            "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

Bummer, they were already sold out!! I will have to wait until next week.

Cheers

Comment

I hadnt realized how many books were in that bloody series till I explored the reference section of the post library, something I hadn't done while stationed here. No clue on numbers, but it's a book shelf aprox 8' X 6' completly filled w/ Osprey books.
                Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

I finally got it!!

I will wait though, until my vacation starts after Friday to crack it open and have a good read. Will post what I think of it soon after, here.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
                    Good! So how long until they do M-60 vs T-62???
                    Been done.

Check the Yom Kipper books out.
                    Kevin Kenneally
                    Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                    Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

I just

closed the last page of the book, a very interesting read, but, I thought there would be more of Wittmann in there! Not a real deal breaker, but it did kind of stick out for me.
                      I plan on doing a thread in the Pz forum in a day or so, that is where it will be.

One thing that was very interesting, there was a couple words on the retio of Shermans to go after a single Tiger!!!

Cheers, if you have a specific question, I will try to reply here, if it is not covered in the Pz thread.

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X