Axis of Time trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis of Time trilogy

The Axis of Time trilogy is a series of novels written by Australian journalist and author John Birmingham. A US-led task force off Indonesia in 2021 finds itself sent back to 1942, just prior to the Battle of Midway. The novels deal with a rapidly altered version of World War II, and to a lesser extent the social changes that result amongst the Allied powers.

I have read the first two books and I am eagerly awaiting to find a copy of the third. I think they were really good, and would recommend them to my friends here at ACG if they like fictional alternative war stories.

Weapons of Choice

Designated Targets

Final Impact

I would like to here your opinions on any of the books if you get the chance to read them.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

looks intresting, I swear I saw a movie like that
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Comment

The flagship is the aircraft carrier USS Hillary Clinton, named after "the most uncompromising wartime president in the history of the United States."
      Oh so its sci-fi then?

Comment

I read the plot outlines in the links, so I suppose I don't need the books now

It looked interesting I'll admit that much though.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I've read all three books. Other then the fact that his weapons and technology are too advanced for the time that he postulates them coming from the are good books. I did gage every time the USS Hillery Clinton was mentioned but at least he had her killed so something good came from her election.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

It was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fin...own_%28film%29.
            That was the movie with a simular time line
            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
            "

Comment

The first book was great though I thought the initial battle dragged on too much, the second book was great but as of yet haven't read the final book. I see that it's being republished again at the end of the year so might wait till then.

cheers

ps If you liked this you might want to go on to the alternatehistory.com website and read the stories of the authors forum. There's some great stuff there, especially by Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by tsar View Post
                I've read all three books. Other then the fact that his weapons and technology are too advanced for the time that he postulates them coming from the are good books. I did gage every time the USS Hillery Clinton was mentioned but at least he had her killed so something good came from her election.
                I have been trying to find the third book so I could buy it but to no avail. Did you buy them and if so where?

Originally posted by chewy View Post
                The first book was great though I thought the initial battle dragged on too much, the second book was great but as of yet haven't read the final book. I see that it's being republished again at the end of the year so might wait till then.

cheers

ps If you liked this you might want to go on to the alternatehistory.com website and read the stories of the authors forum. There's some great stuff there, especially by Chris.
                Will check it out
                "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                  I have been trying to find the third book so I could buy it but to no avail. Did you buy them and if so where?

Yup, have all three on my book shelf. I got the third one through the military book club.
                  Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I have read all 3......enjoyable series. Would recommend to any miltary enthusiast who likes alt-history.
                    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Hmmmm maybe I should check B&N

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X