Opinion of Noam Chomsky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion of Noam Chomsky?

Whats your opinion of Noam Chomsky if you have ever read any of his books? Overall he really is very hostile towards US foreign policy and some military actions,However he does raise some legimate points.
    Last edited by Kevin23; 03 Aug 07, 21:27.

Like?

BTW, he also denied the Khmer Rouge genocide. I think he also denied the Holocaust.

Comment

Yeah Right! He should go live in one of those other countries he admires so much where they oppress people.

He is a Hypocrite. He criticizes the US because he can, and admires countries that would never tolerate such criticism.

I have very strong opinions of him. He earns a fortune off of government money and defense contracts. The tax paying public should be very upset that they pay for this guys income.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
        Like?

BTW, he also denied the Khmer Rouge genocide. I think he also denied the Holocaust.
        You raise a good point with his downplaying of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge,Also with the Holocaust thing he made comparsions between Israel and Nazi Germany. In addtion he has shown some support for writers who display anti-semitic opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post

I have very strong opinions of him. He earns a fortune off of government money and defense contracts. The tax paying public should be very upset that they pay for this guys income.
          How does he earn a fortune off goverment and defense contracts as this is news to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
            How does he earn a fortune off goverment and defense contracts as this is news to me?
            His early research in Linguistics, semantics, or AI (I forget which it was exactly) was all defense department funded work for which he was paid handsomely and gets royalties.

Comment

His early research in Linguistics, semantics, or AI (I forget which it was exactly) was all defense department funded work for which he was paid handsomely and gets royalties.
              Oh ok that explains it.

Comment

You raise a good point with his downplaying of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge,Also with the Holocaust thing he made comparsions between Israel and Nazi Germany. In addtion he has shown some support for writers who display anti-semitic opinions.
                Yet he admits to being a Zionist from childhood.

He also said that it was clear that the majority of the people in South Africa was in favor of Apartheid.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Chomsky is a linguistics professor, not an expert on geo-politics.

He's an expert in the semantical use of words in the formation of preconceived language to create a specifically desired perception in the minds of those that would blindly buy into his eloquence... this, without following up with their own search for facts on the particular matters upon which he opines.

If he causes you to question things - especially his motives & views - good!

If you take the bait - hook, line & sinker - well... the world is full of Cat Fish!

Last edited by Admiral; 04 Aug 07, 06:29.
                  On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                    Chomsky is a linguistics professor, not an expert on geo-politics.

He's an expert in the semantical use of words in the formation of preconceived language to create a specifically desired perception in the minds of those that would blindly buy into his eloquence... this, without following up with their own search for facts on the particular matters upon which he opines.

If he causes you to question things - especially his motives & views - good!

If you take the bait - hook, line & sinker - well... the world is full of Cat Fish!

I question his motives and views espesically why a lingustics professor is writing on geopolitics,However I think he at least raises some good points in some areas.

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                      Yet he admits to being a Zionist from childhood.

He also said that it was clear that the majority of the people in South Africa was in favor of Apartheid.
                      So Chomsky is a closet white white supremacist?

Comment

However I think he at least raises some good points in some areas.
                        So did Hitler.

Anyone no matter how stupid, deranged, or wrong most of the time can sometimes say something that appears to have insight. That doesn't give it any credibility.

Comment

So did Hitler.

Anyone no matter how stupid, deranged, or wrong most of the time can sometimes say something that appears to have insight. That doesn't give it any credibility.
                          I would think part of the reason he gets away with it,Is because he is to the extreme left and therefore very,very liberal So the mainstream media and such lets him get away with such things.

Comment

Chomsky remind me of Erich Von Daniken with out aliens.

quacks

HP
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

"If you can't dazzle 'em with footwork, baffle 'em with BS"

I think the Admiral hit this one pretty squarely.

I enjoy conytoverial thinking, but Chomsky seems to be talking to hear himself.
                              Mike

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X