In the Company of Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Company of Heroes

If you are a fan of the book Blackhawk Down this is a must read. This was the fastest I have ever read a book in my life. I knocked it off in 2 1/2 days, it was tough to put down.

It covers Nightstalker Mike Durants time in captivity in Somalia after his Blackhawk was shot down. It is a heart wrenching tale of one man who never gave up his will to live and the little things that kept him alive.
    It also covers his time in Korea as a Medi Vac pilot as well as Panama and Desert Storm.
    Mike Durants survival training, cunning instincts and pure luck all contributed to his survival.
    I certainly can say this is one of the better books I have read.

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

I have read this book and totally agree with you Chad, a great book and well worth reading. I liked the style of the book as well, telling his life story in a series of flash backs (IIRC).
    Wolster

Comment

Read it and liked it.

There's also the Battle of Mogadishu written by Eversman and Durant and some other dude wrote "The Night Stalkers". The latter on bargin on Amazon, BTW, I didn't read it yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X