Building up my Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
    I have heard someone say that Enemy at the gates relies too much on corrupted Soviet sources, taking them as fact. Apparently that sniper thing that the movie was made about was mostly Soviet invented propaganda and cannot be verified. Along with other things.

This is just something I have heard so I offer it. WWII is not my area of history.

M.S.
    The Soviet sniper existed but the German one is questionable.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
      I a reading this one now. I don't like the writing style. It is as if the author is trying to write like it is a novel, and a simplistic one at that. But given there aren't too many books on this subject out there it will have to do.

The author also sets out to show how they did it right in Malaya but wrong in Vietnam. I will have more to say on this when I finish the book.

M.S.
      That is entirely true. But it is still a highly readable account of how the classic counter insurgency blueprint was developed.

As you've no doubt found, the first five years of the Emergency was a difficult struggle, but the victory of the later years were founded on the experiences and tactics developed over those years.

Comment

Thanks All,

I looked up 'The D-day Dodgers' on Amazon UK:

HERE

$600!!!!! I think I will try my local Library

Wolster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X