Victory in Vietnam: The Official History of the People's Army of Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory in Vietnam: The Official History of the People's Army of Vietnam

Has anybody read this book, Which is about the North Vietnamese propective of the Vietnam Conflict if so how was it.Because I'm thinking about getting it.

I haven't read it, but I think it would be an interesting read. It's always good to see things from another perspective. If it's of recent vintage it should be fairly accurate and less homage to the communist leaders of North Vietnam.
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
      I haven't read it, but I think it would be an interesting read. It's always good to see things from another perspective. If it's of recent vintage it should be fairly accurate and less homage to the communist leaders of North Vietnam.
      It was published in 2002 so you are most likely right.

Comment

I have it, it is very interesting to see how the former NVA generals were thinking and is definitely a different look at the Vietnam War but you have to be ready to bear with a very biased hsitory of the war, filled with lots of omissions and downright lies. The translator made a great job to render the very peculiar vietnamese communist rethoric (can be a pain at times) and the book is very detailed on some aspects. I think its a must-read for anyone interested in the Vietnam War, it offers a unique perspective and is one of the rare book of its kind available in english.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
          I have it, it is very interesting to see how the former NVA generals were thinking and is definitely a different look at the Vietnam War but you have to be ready to bear with a very biased hsitory of the war, filled with lots of omissions and downright lies. The translator made a great job to render the very peculiar vietnamese communist rethoric (can be a pain at times) and the book is very detailed on some aspects. I think its a must-read for anyone interested in the Vietnam War, it offers a unique perspective and is one of the rare book of its kind available in english.

Thanks I think I will get it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X