Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Orwell's ''1984'' a defamation of Stalin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
    ... Was Beria partial to a capital B or a little b after signing some nice-looking lass over to the NKVD's tender mercies after he'd finished with her, and the poor girl selling herself to try to reprieve parts of her family?
    exotic fairy-tales, that.

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
    ... You ex-Soviets IMHO need a Nazi Germany job to cleanse your souls and move on...
    you'd better not line up us with Nazis, because it is they who lost and not us - we're the victors here, see.
    first, send troops to Russia and conquer her; and only then - put up some kind of Nuhrenberg 2.

... a completely animalistic approach to rape...
    what rape ? ( not to mention ''animalistic'' )

Comment

• Originally posted by stalin View Post
      1) Exotic fairy-tales, that.
      2) You'd better not line up us with Nazis, because it is they who lost and not us - we're the victors here, see.
      3) First, send troops to Russia and conquer her; and only then - put up some kind of Nuhrenberg 2.
      4) What rape ? ( not to mention ''animalistic'' )
      1) Ah ha. You mean there's more than one tale...
      2) I would if I could. I'd throw as many Guards Divisions as I could against as many SS Divisions as possible in a Berlin playground and shoot the survivors.
      3) Why send troops? There's always hard cash instead. Or Chelski. Then we'll sort the Omsk Tribunals.
      4) I'm getting baffled here. Maybe rape to a Russian is where he doesn't keep her warm enough in the snow to ensure her survival. So maybe 'animalistic' here is an attempt to describe frenzied warming attempts at resurrection to keep her alive for another go- perhaps by someone else...
      Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
      (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

... Why send troops? There's always hard cash instead...
        then - send cash !!
        nudge your PM so that he stopped being such a Scrooge and finally began to finance the nuhrenbergerisation of Communism !!

... Maybe rape to a Russian is where he doesn't keep her warm enough in the snow...
        snow ?... rape ?...
        btw, who's being raped and why ''in the snow'' ?...

Comment

Ah, a capitalist who knows the value of just-in-time inventory. Good timing.
          One of my many specialties.

1) Steep now. Work I suppose. I keep joining Wall Street firms who insist on using me at point of origin. Be careful out there...
          You should do like me: work for a financial outfit that wants to keep you in New York most of the time, but ships you to Pakistan every year only because you visited the place a decade and a half earlier.

2) No. Just a loft where if you do a Cossack type twirl you'll get hospitalized.
          Don't laugh. I lived in that place at least twice. I've got the bruises to prove it. And now it's even worse, espcially if you want to live in Manhattan -- but who in there right mind wants to live in Manhattan?

3) Pre-T34 Russian? Marvelous! We must chat if I visit. Is the Russian Tea Room still open?
          No doubt. The Tea Room is under new ownership, but I always found it overrated. Besides, my family and the old owners never got along, but that's a whole different discussion. For some good Russian grub, try Odessa on Ave A between E 7 St and St Mark's Pl, or try those two Russian vodka bars on W 52 St eat of 8 Ave. They're much better than the Tea Room.

4) England. I never noticed one either, though communication was often difficult with my thick country accent. We managed.
          Yeah, I always have that problem when I encounter people from your country. English must be a very difficult language to learn when you're schooled in the British educational establishment

5) Yes. They were building when I got posted so 1992+. Worked in WTC and am holding out for the replacement(s) before return if I can. Too many memories and some lost friends.
          I had me a buddy who was working at #7 in '93. Got himself drunk and didn't even call in 'till he got home that night (we were roommies at the time.) I guess that doesn't sound so funny in light of what happened 8 years later. I still a bit of a pit in my stomach when I'm in Manhattan below Chambers St.

6) 'Liquidate' seems such an awful word applied to a human being. Is that really the direct translation from Russian?
          In Russian it's ликвидируйте, so I suspect that it's a post revolutionary bureaucratic addition to the language. Don't all governments create such subterfuges?

Also can you provide more detail on NKVD 'Litre N'?
          If I recall correctly, litre N was for assassination, litre L was for kidnapping a Soviet national from overseas. After Beria's death such actions had to be approved by the full cabinet, to which the director of the KGB reported. But that was merely a formality, and assassinations without cabinet approval were common enough right through the early 1980's.
          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• N K V D = People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs

Comment

1) then - send cash !!
              2) nudge your PM so that he stopped being such a Scrooge and finally began to finance the nuhrenbergerisation of Communism !!
              3) snow ?... rape ?...btw, who's being raped and why ''in the snow'' ...
              1) Why? One of the Golden Rules of Capitalism is not/never to subsidize failure.
              2) The 'Nürnbergisation' of Communism is really your responsibility, as it was for other Tot nations. Any nation- or tribe or whatever you want to call the group of humans trying to help each other individually out and sort themselves- has some sort of duty to self-police. They're not finding bodies who've clearly been excecuted in bogs in Northern Europe thousands of years later for nothing are they?
              3) Maybe young Soviet conscript boys in 1945. Snow? Probably easier to get around, given vodka and shrinkage in the cold.

Comment

Why? One of the Golden Rules of Capitalism is not/never to subsidize failure. The 'Nürnbergisation' of Communism is really your responsibility...
                you see, you yourself call the situation when Communism being taken to court of law - a ''failure''.
                then why - on earth, we Russians should take any responsibility for that ??

Comment

1) You see, you yourself call the situation when Communism being taken to court of law - a ''failure''.
                  2) Then why - on Earth, we Russians should take any responsibility for that ??
                  1) Yes. Inevitable. Take the 5 Field Kitchens incident in Finland as an example.
                  2) You- RUSSIANS- shouldn't take any responsibility for that. Soviets yes- acknowledge like the Nazis versus Germans and let's all get moving, rather like the British with their Empire too. There's no shame in this for any of us going forwards- English, German, Russian, Whatever or Human. Just admit our failings, learn from them and carry on.

Comment

... Take the 5 Field Kitchens incident in Finland as an example.
                    see, never entrust any lawsuit to us Russians -
                    because in our hands it may end up like those notorious Field Kitchens.

You- RUSSIANS- shouldn't take any responsibility for that. Soviets yes- acknowledge like the Nazis versus Germans and let's all get moving, rather like the British with their Empire too...
                    so you want us to go through the same humiliation as both Germany and England went through ??
                    na-ah... thank you very much !!!
                    no way we ever do that.

Comment

1) See, never entrust any lawsuit to us Russians -
                      because in our hands it may end up like those notorious Field Kitchens.
                      2) So you want us to go through the same humiliation as both Germany and England went through ?? Na-ah... thank you very much !!! No way we ever do that.
                      1) It's not Russians, it's Soviets. Those 'notorious' Field Kitchens just illustrate the insanity of Totalitarianism. That men could actually get shot for losing the means to feed hundreds of thousands of dead men is surely pushing the envelope of sanity here.
                      2) Yes. We did. And it's not necessarily humiliating, just cathartic- maybe an analogy is Christian Baptism and the concept of forgiveness. The US has too regarding the Japanese Internments and Native Americans. We all survived and are arguably- given the cleansing nature of the exercise- better for it. And no need to thank me- you can run, you can hide, but the shame of it will catch you in the end. Good luck and Godspeed.

Comment

It's not Russians, it's Soviets...the insanity of Totalitarianism...
                        we Russians are as insane as Soviets, so Totalitarism is well appropriate to us.
                        without stern authority our country would collapse.

... it's not necessarily humiliating, just cathartic- maybe an analogy is Christian Baptism and the concept of forgiveness...
                        and who is supposed to be ''The Baptist'' ??
                        the USA, UK or EU ???... - thanks very much !!!
                        we better go to Hell than get baptised by you guys.

Comment

1) We Russians are as insane as Soviets, so Totalitarianism is well appropriate to us.
                          2) Without stern authority our country would collapse.
                          3) And who is supposed to be ''The Baptist'' ?? the USA, UK or EU ???... - thanks very much !!!
                          4) We[d] better go to Hell than get baptised by you guys.
                          1) Hmmm. I thought as the English we led the world in tribalism versus social system. Can I come back to you on this?
                          2) Ours too. That's why we keep pushing out boats like the Titanic or the QE II.
                          3) In a pinch, given our nautical tradition (see 2) and if asked, I'd happily step in and even go underwater with you. I mean JC- forget those other chaps- it does you credit to use initials to try to protect them, but you really should try to move on...There's a lot in you I see worth surfacing and saving, your English aside.
                          4) Hell? No, no, believe me. Hell's only use is to generate enough heat to cut a hole in the ice that allows for baptism.

Comment

... I thought as the English we led the world in tribalism versus social system. Can I come back to you on this?
                            yes, of course...

... we keep pushing out boats like the Titanic or the QE II. In a pinch, given our nautical tradition and if asked, I'd happily step in and even go underwater with you...Hell?...Hell's only use is to generate enough heat to cut a hole in the ice that allows for baptism.
                            ok, send in your Baptist !! -

Comment

1) yes, of course...
                              2) OK, send in your Baptist !!
                              1) Thank you.
                              2) Utterly staggering. A completely undocumented marvel of Soviet engineering. I mean to put an ice sheet on top of a heated swimming pool is totally breathtaking. I'm not sure I'd want to be one of those INDIVIDUAL bit players suggesting scale though. I'd drop in myself to such a feat only I'm unfortunately not ordained and am still waiting on my wings...

LATE EDIT: How do you lads create then paint the ice ladder? Or is it a photo shop or similar edit?
                              Last edited by General Staff; 17 Aug 07, 10:07.

Comment

• of course - it is Photoshop !!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                • casanova
                                  Nuclear battleheads.
                                  by casanova
                                  A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                  Yesterday, 23:58
                                Working...
                                X