Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic of the 101st Airborne (a quick review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic of the 101st Airborne (a quick review)

Over the past 6 months or so I have been preparing myself for the trip of a lifetime. In May I will depart for Atlanta Ga and from there I will follow the footsteps of one of the greatest and most famous fighting units in American history. I have been doing a lot of research about the history of the 101st Airborne Division, not just 506th PIR and the men of Easy Company that my trip is centered around but the entire Division as a whole.
    In 1917 the "82nd All American" Division was formed, twenty five years later the 82nd was reactivated and split creating the 82nd Airborne Division and 101st Airborne Division the first in American history.

This book originally printed in 1945 is a pictorial history of the 101st. It is filled with hundreds of original photos covering every major battle, the tough training in the states, the extremely heavy fighting in Belgium and the celebrations of VE day when rifles and grenades were traded in for baseball bats and gloves.
    While there is some writing, this book tells its story through the photos of the men, the battles and sometimes comical caricatures of Hitler and the German War Machine. The photos, all in black and white are what gives this book its sense of charm and authenticity. It is the perfect companion to anyone who wants to know more about the history of the 101st Airborne through World War 2.
    Please check it out here.
    http://www.historynetshop.com/wtea.html

Chad
    ACG Internet Staff
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X