No announcement yet.

Military Book Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only thing that sucks about the MBC is that i don't have an APO address anymore and they don't ship international. but the books i did order were great

Comment

I was for quite a few years, but the selection of titles in my areas of interest dropped off and I let my membership expire. Every so often I get another "come back to us" offer, but so far I haven't.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I just signed up again about a month ago. I got the 4 books for $1 each and my first of 2 required purchases at 1/2 price. With shipping and handling it was $30 and I got the following..........

-The 3 book boxed set "Power at Sea"
        -The big coffee table book "Warrior"
        -"Sniper-A History of the US Marksman"
        -"Fighting Techniques of the Napoleonic Age"
        -"History of the German Soldier: 1630-2000"

I just have to buy one more book at regular prices within a year to fulfill the membership requirements. I think its a great initial value, but if you stay and buy a lot of books at club prices its not as great a value although they do have specials, etc. I've probably joined 4-5 times, fulfilled the requirements and then quit.........then do it again.

Perhaps an even better deal (with many of the same titles) is The History Book Club, four books at $1 each (plus S&H) with no further commitment.
        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I think they may have caught on to me now. I have joined 3 times. Bought the required books and cancelled my membership and joined again a few months later. This time when I tried to cancel my membership, they just stopped automatically shipping books out to me. My account is still open but they no longer send books without my approval.

Still, it's a great deal if you don't mind the hassle of checking their site every week to make sure they don't send out the main selections. For me, it was a minor inconvenience to get so many books for dirt cheap.

Ben
          "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Perhaps an even better deal (with many of the same titles) is The History Book Club, four books at $1 each (plus S&H) with no further commitment.

I was economically compelled to take the offer from HBC, for $15.71 ($1/book plus S&H) I received.......

"The War" -regular club price $34.99
            "The Library of Congress WW II Companion"- regular club price $31.99
            "The French and Indian War" - regular club price $19.49
            "War Made New" - regular club price $11.99

The best part is that's all I'm commited to buy, now that's a deal!
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X