Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta love Stackpole Publishing

Stackpole did it again.
    They are about to release Patrick Agte's famous Wittmann biography MICHAEL WITTMAN AND THE WAFFEN SS TIGER COMMANDERS OF THE LEIBSTANDARTE IN WWII .

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/081...lance&n=283155

Federowicz published this book earlier with an astronomic price about 100 US Dollars. Of course the quality of the book was great. But it was a nearly impossible book for students like me or people with limited budgets. Now Stackpole publishes this great book and we will be able to get it. I know, some of the photos in Federowicz version won't be in this one but it is OK for me.

I hope Stackpole goes on like that and publishes Agte's other great book about Jochen Peiper.

Best Regards
    Fatih
    "A nation which makes the final sacrifice for life and freedom does not get beaten." - Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Agreed

One of my favorite reads ever was a stackpole book, Tigers in the Mud by Otto Carious. I will definetly be getting this new book about Wittman.
    Thanks

CD
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Just added it to my wishlist. Thanks.
      Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!!

I still have my 'red and tan' Stackpole Military Classics from the 1950's:

Reveries on the Art of War Maurice De Saxe

Military Institutions of the Romans Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Instructions for His Generals Frederick the Great

Battle Studies Colonel Ardant du Picq

The Art of War Sun Tzu

rna
        Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Release pushed back

I have this book about Wittman reserved, unfortunetly it has been pushed back until Sept 10th. I was looking forward to it.

CD
          "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Its out

According to Amazon/Borders they have the book in stock as of Sept 1st. Im so glad I reserved a copy just to have them NOT contact me.

I guess Im going shopping later today.

Chad

Comment

Its here

Apparently both volumes are here, Borders called me on Wednesday and both copies are in.

Chad

Comment

Got them

Picked up both volumes..looks like a lot of good reading in my future.

CD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X