X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance Williams
    It's standard reading for all military types as well as many a CEO. Its wisdom applies to many facets of life, not just war.
    I know. I was just using spears and chariots as an example to represent the mayor timeline diffrence beetween the creation of the work and todays time.

Yes, Slug, you should open it and read it. Its quite interesting. I like my edition better since it includes what the explaniors of the Art of War have to say (these explainors are all from the time of Aincent China). I just hope I will be able to grasp its never-ending wisdom.

Leave a comment:

• Druid_Ian
    replied
    Originally posted by Slug
    You know Tom, I have stared at that book sitting on my shelf at home for five years, and have never read it.
    Never even opened it.
    Sounds like I should get after it!
    By the way, isn't there a book written by a German that's supposed to be a great compliment to "The Art of War."
    Von Clauswitz is it?
    Does anyone know the name of the book?
    You mean Von Clausewitz's book "On War"
    link to online version http://www.clausewitz.com/CWZHOME/On_War/ONWARTOC.html

Sun tzu's "Art of war"
    link to online version http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html

Also Machiavelli's "Art of war"
    Again a link to online version http://www.constitution.org/mac/artofwar_.htm
    Last edited by Druid_Ian; 28 Jun 06, 00:41.

Leave a comment:

• Duke William
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Phoenix
    I am currently reading the excellent historical work by the philosopher Sun Tzu "Art of War". It is quite an intruiging book which seems to have affected many people through the milleniums. Politicians, generals, economists...you name it.

But I wonder.....how much do you think is the Art of War useful in todays time, thousands of years since the age of spears and chariots?
    Strangely enough Tom, I bought that very book just the other day at The Half Price Books Store for like $5.98.

Looks pretty interesting. Guess I should read it sometime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Slug
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Phoenix
    I am currently reading the excellent historical work by the philosopher Sun Tzu "Art of War". It is quite an intruiging book which seems to have affected many people through the milleniums. Politicians, generals, economists...you name it.

But I wonder.....how much do you think is the Art of War useful in todays time, thousands of years since the age of spears and chariots?
    You know Tom, I have stared at that book sitting on my shelf at home for five years, and have never read it.
    Never even opened it.
    Sounds like I should get after it!
    By the way, isn't there a book written by a German that's supposed to be a great compliment to "The Art of War."
    Von Clauswitz is it?
    Does anyone know the name of the book?

Leave a comment:

• Lance Williams
    replied
    It's standard reading for all military types as well as many a CEO. Its wisdom applies to many facets of life, not just war.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Phoenix
    started a topic Sun Tzu`s "Art of War"

Sun Tzu`s "Art of War"

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X