Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book Review: OSS: The Secret History of America's First Central Intelligence Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Review: OSS: The Secret History of America's First Central Intelligence Agency

Discuss this review here!

Books: OSS: The Secret History of America's First Central Intelligence Agency

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

I read the book some time ago and was a bit dissapointed because it really missed out alot on skipping the amazing stories derived from what the organization actually achived. The men and women that pioneered the OSS are IMHO taken out of fiction in the firts place and their actions and the histories supercedes almost everything that hollywood can dream up.

OT: I cant belive that there are any more movies made about these people, especially the SOE operatives during WW2.

Sure, the politics in the background is surely interesting in its own way but hardly anyting that compares the operational side of history. To sum things up, I think the review gives the book justice.
    "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X