Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatih
    I have read them without any order.
    My favourite ones are March Batallion and Wheels of Terror.

Here is a nice site on series.

Best Regards
    Fatih
    What site are you talking about?
    Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
      What site are you talking about?
      Sorry, forgot to give the link.

http://www.svenhassel.info/
      "A nation which makes the final sacrifice for life and freedom does not get beaten." - Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by fatih
        Sorry, forgot to give the link.

http://www.svenhassel.info/
        That's the one I figured you meant. Only real Hassel site I know of. When I found it back about 1999 we traded messages many times a day. Now there are rarely any messages coming out.

Comment

Heres my theory on Svens books. A lot of the events happened and some of them he may have actually been at, but alot he has taken quite a few liberties with. If any of his 14 books are autobiograhical and nonfiction it would be Legion of the Damned. And Most of his Characters were real people and some are still alive today I think he changed alot of names to protect them from backlash (Some of the things they did could be considered war crimes) IE Obgftr Porta dies in 1943 in Russia but we see him in books form later times A few other characters have passed on in one book to be resurrected in others or some simply vanish!
          Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
          In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
          Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

PS srry my typing stinks it HAS been a long day!

Comment

Originally posted by panzermacher
              Heres my theory on Svens books. A lot of the events happened and some of them he may have actually been at, but alot he has taken quite a few liberties with. If any of his 14 books are autobiograhical and nonfiction it would be Legion of the Damned. And Most of his Characters were real people and some are still alive today I think he changed alot of names to protect them from backlash (Some of the things they did could be considered war crimes) IE Obgftr Porta dies in 1943 in Russia but we see him in books form later times A few other characters have passed on in one book to be resurrected in others or some simply vanish!
              To me it seems that the first three books cover the war and they were extremely successful. Because of that they decided to write more books and go into more detail on the big battles/campaigns.

There was no way a penal unit would get tanks much less Tigers. Some have speculated that maybe he was in the Waffen SS but didn't want to give the wrong impression so he said he was forced to fight in a penal unit. Anything about the Waffen SS sells pretty well in the US so he might have made more money if he had gone with that angle. The Leo Kessler Waffen SS books sell very well over here.

Comment

I agree but i seen a picture of Sven and he is in a regular Wehrmacht tankers uniform. I think he was afraid to use Waffen SS back when most of these books were wrote due to the stigma around the SS at the time Peolpe didnt understand the difference between SS and Waffen SS. But nowadays he'd have made a fortune! Yeah I seriously doubt they had Tigers too LOL

Comment

I agree but i seen a picture of Sven and he is in a regular Wehrmacht tankers uniform. I think he was afraid to use Waffen SS back when most of these books were wrote due to the stigma around the SS at the time Peolpe didnt understand the difference between SS and Waffen SS. But nowadays he'd have made a fortune! Yeah I seriously doubt they had Tigers too LOL
                  According to some of his haters that is actually a pic of his son.

Comment

Yeha I have seen that rumour too. I believe this pic was the real McCoy cuz one of his haters pinted out it Was Sven and he was in a "Danish unit of the Waffen SS, cuz he was wearing the dreaded Totenkopf" LOL it was funny! I think his chief Hater is a man named Erik Haest also from Denmark, He had a site up that done nothing but trash Sven and anyone who read the book series.

Comment

Yeha I have seen that rumour too. I believe this pic was the real McCoy cuz one of his haters pinted out it Was Sven and he was in a "Danish unit of the Waffen SS, cuz he was wearing the dreaded Totenkopf" LOL it was funny! I think his chief Hater is a man named Erik Haest also from Denmark, He had a site up that done nothing but trash Sven and anyone who read the book series.
                      Yep that's the dude.

Comment

I first found one when I was a teenager in a Pak a Sak Paperback rack in the late 60s. I ordered the series from a place in Arkansas in the 80s when I was laid up and had time to read. The store had the Corgi editions.

I like the books, but don't expect a lot of accuracy. It could have been the translation from German to English, but I don't buy into things like 88mm cannons on Panthers! Several characters have to be different guys over time. Example, although Big 'Un and Tiny were in one story together, Tiny becomes the Big 'Un after a while.

Favorite passage? When Tiny comes in and claims he had just urinated on an electric fence! Preposterous, but in character!. Tiny seems to lose too many fingers in the stories. I think it must be a bad translation. Favorite characters? Porta and the Legionnaire!

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X