Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomas.tmcc
    replied
    yeah sound good to me with maps and good accounts of actions etc .

thanks .

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    replied
    Originally posted by thomas.tmcc
    whats the book like then boonie ? history of the division organisation etc included ? .

thomas
    It's not a techie book thomas with lots of OOB and TO&Es, it's more of an oral history, but very in-depth, covering every single day of fighting of the division, with very accurate maps and text.

Leave a comment:

• thomas.tmcc
    replied
    whats the book like then boonie ? history of the division organisation etc included ? .

thomas

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    replied
    Just finished reading it, amazing work.

Leave a comment:

• C.M. Ansley
    replied
    Originally posted by Boonierat
    ...subtitled: The Combat History Of The 82nd Airborne Division In World War II. Any body read this massive new book? looks like the definitive account on the 82d Abn during the War:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
    I believe that massive is an understatement. I considered buying it before I realized I would need a forklift to carry it out of the store. But really, it looks fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Jim H. Moreno
    replied
    I just got it a few weeks ago, and it is so far the definitive work on my beloved Division.

Leave a comment:

• starmanje
    replied
    Am one-third of the way through the book and so far it is an excellent read! Not for the faint-of-heart however, as there is 700+ pages in the main part of the book. The book is full of literally hundreds of first-person accounts by the veterans of the division covering everything from their training to first jump into Sicily and on through Italy, Normandy, Holland and the Bulge to the end of the war. Coverage of the 504 PIR in Italy after Salerno was rather sparse, but thats a minor point. So far highly recommended!!
    John

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    started a topic All American, All The Way

All American, All The Way

...subtitled: The Combat History Of The 82nd Airborne Division In World War II. Any body read this massive new book? looks like the definitive account on the 82d Abn during the War:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X