Jack Reacher Fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Reacher Fans

If we have any Reacher fans, I'm trying to find a book I red once before featuring a very large government installation that is closed down, not far from a small town where Reacher is, as usual, stirring things up considerably.

It was a great story, and I'm fairly sure it was a Lee Child/Reacher book, but I can't seem to track it down in any of the usual ways.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Not a fan, but here's the list...

http://www.bookseriesinorder.com/jack-reacher/
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Yep...I've got the same list, but still can't identify the specific book, and as far as I know I've read every single one of them.

Oh, well...

Comment

Think it might be 'Nothing to Lose', set in the Midwestish (Colorado?), Reacher is passing through a thoroughly unpleasant company town owned by a half crazy Apocalyptic Evangelical Millionaire who control every aspect of life in the town. He owns a big Metals recycling plant, and Reacher is kicked out of town as a Vagrant, something he doesn't take too kindly to. I'll pull back from Spoilers too much but note that people are getting sick, there are mysterious shipping containers arriving from the Middle east, an MP Base where there shouldn't be one, and a mystery plane taking off from the town every night flying South.
        Last edited by Chukka; 27 Feb 16, 03:22.
        One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions - Admiral Grace Hopper

"The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."
        Wu Cheng'en Monkey

Comment

Read it, and unfortunately it isn't the one. It will probably turn out to be some other author I completely forgot.

Like Pax keeps telling me, the mind is the second thing to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Chukka View Post
            Think it might be 'Nothing to Lose', set in the Midwestish (Colorado?), Reacher is passing through a thoroughly unpleasant company town owned by a half crazy Apocalyptic Evangelical Millionaire who control every aspect of life in the town. He owns a big Metals recycling plant, and Reacher is kicked out of town as a Vagrant, something he doesn't take too kindly to. I'll pull back from Spoilers too much but note that people are getting sick, there are mysterious shipping containers arriving from the Middle east, an MP Base where there shouldn't be one, and a mystery plane taking off from the town every night flying South.
            I haven't read that, but in "A Wanted Man" a big former governmental compound is featured at the end of the book. Not one of the best book in the series.
            Michele

Comment

You're not talking about the one that has an old ww2 bunker site where certain chemicals were stored and forgotten but found by modern-day chemists who were using them for making drugs, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                I haven't read that, but in "A Wanted Man" a big former governmental compound is featured at the end of the book. Not one of the best book in the series.
                I'll check that one...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by boomer400 View Post
                  You're not talking about the one that has an old ww2 bunker site where certain chemicals were stored and forgotten but found by modern-day chemists who were using them for making drugs, are you?
                  If this is a Reacher book, I must have missed it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

MM, maybe I have it mixed up with a Sanford book? Crap, now I gotta go listen to my audio stuff....

Comment

There is a Reacher book built entirely around a military surplus destruction facility.

Comment

Found it after talking to the SO. 61 Hours. The countdown book.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X