Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Book would you like to see made into a movie or mini series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vikram72
    replied
    THIMAYA OF INDIA

By Humphrey Evans

Story of Gen Thimayya, One of first Indian's to attend Sandhurst, in post First world war years.

It gives very good insight in the Indian Army of British Raj.

Humphrey Evans worked closely with General Thimayya when he was writing the Korean Diary, and in this biographical book, has succeeded marvelously in bringing the Thimayya legend to life. A soldier�s fortune, the ethics, strategy and ideology of war, its psychological impact, and the historical events � are all reflected in General Thimayya�s illustrious career.

This book is a fascinating and eminently readable account of the life of great soldier and fine man.
    http://www.lancerpublishers.com/cata...roducts_id=387

http://www.amazon.com/Thimayya-India.../dp/B0007E0TVE

Generally the Good British officers and men served in India are forgotten, but they loved the country and their occupation.

some of the stories told in the book give us the insight the transformation that took place post 1920 to 1940's.

vikram

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Rock
    replied
    Originally posted by jackball74 View Post
    I think a movie based on the Congo Crisis in the '60s based around the mercenaries of 5 Commando would be interesting. n.
    If Hollywood did the movie they would probably make Che the victor, which was not the case.
    Whoever played Che would also win an Oscar.

https://books.google.com/books?id=bn...e4BYQQ6AEIKjAF

Leave a comment:

• Nick the Noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
    The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell
    A Dream of Eagles by Jack Whyte
    Legend by David Gemmell
    I second Legend .

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
    Starship Troopers.
    The real version, not the crap that was made already, right?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by jackball74 View Post
    I think a movie based on the Congo Crisis in the '60s based around the mercenaries of 5 Commando would be interesting. I'd also like to see either a mini-series or movie dealing with the Boxer Rebellion.
    An entire movie was made about the Boxer Rebellion: 55 Days at Peking

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    White Plague...about the re-emergence of the original strain of Spanish Flu.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell
    A Dream of Eagles by Jack Whyte
    Legend by David Gemmell

Leave a comment:

• SmackUm
    replied
    The Regiment by Farley Mowat Prince Edward & Hastings Counties Ontario. The Hasty P's were in Italy, France and the Low Countries during WW2.

Regards,Patrick

Leave a comment:

• 17thAirborneSon
    replied
    Clear the Bridge!

Clear the Bridge!: The War Patrols of the U.S.S. Tang

by Richard O'Kane (Author)

This is his story and that of the USS Tang, one of the most successful submarines operating in the Pacific. O'Kane was one of a new breed of submarine skippers who traded caution for results with great success, but at huge risks. One of the most effective tactics was to take the surfaced submarine into the middle of Japanese convoys at night, attacking multiple ships and then escaping to the depths.

The action is heart stopping and explains why the Navy pulled some of the more conservative older skippers out of their boats and replaced them with men like this. But the story is much more than simply tactics and bravery above all expectations, it is a story about true leadership.

Leave a comment:

• GCoyote
    replied
    The Ten Thousand

Many ancient classics involving massive battles are possible now because of CGI.

Leave a comment:

• Biscuit
    replied
    The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors, by James D. Hornefischer - the did a made for TV movie, but I'd like to see it done right.

Leave a comment:

• R. Evans
    replied
    Almost anything by Allan W. Eckert but especially A Sorrow In Our Heart: The Life of Tecumseh.

Leave a comment:

• jackball74
    replied
    I think a movie based on the Congo Crisis in the '60s based around the mercenaries of 5 Commando would be interesting. I'd also like to see either a mini-series or movie dealing with the Boxer Rebellion.

Leave a comment:

• OpanaPointer
    replied
    Starship Troopers.

Leave a comment:

• ChasseurMarion
    replied
    Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    I have a couple to offer:

The Fort, by Bernard Cornwell. The story of how too chefs spoil the soup. When Massachusetts tried to win back a fort the British built in what is now Maine. Set in the Revolutionary War.

Pruitt
    Oh, I love all his books!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X