Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Book would you like to see made into a movie or mini series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
    I have a couple to offer:

The Fort, by Bernard Cornwell. The story of how too chefs spoil the soup. When Massachusetts tried to win back a fort the British built in what is now Maine. Set in the Revolutionary War.

Pruitt
    I loved the Fort!

After reading it I have a very dim view of Paul Revere!

Interesting that Longfellow the author of the poem "Paul Revere's Ride mother is briefly in the novel as a young child! In the novel Longfellow's grandfather wanted to put Paul Revere on trial for his actions during the campaign!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I've seen the first two episodes of "The Last Kingdom" on BBC America. So far so good.

This is based on Bernard Cornwell's the Saxon Stories.
      "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
      Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        I have a couple to offer:

The Fort, by Bernard Cornwell. The story of how too chefs spoil the soup. When Massachusetts tried to win back a fort the British built in what is now Maine. Set in the Revolutionary War.

Pruitt
        Oh, I love all his books!

Comment

Starship Troopers.
          Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
          Hyperwar, Whats New
          World War II Resources
          The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

I think a movie based on the Congo Crisis in the '60s based around the mercenaries of 5 Commando would be interesting. I'd also like to see either a mini-series or movie dealing with the Boxer Rebellion.

Comment

Almost anything by Allan W. Eckert but especially A Sorrow In Our Heart: The Life of Tecumseh.
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors, by James D. Hornefischer - the did a made for TV movie, but I'd like to see it done right.

Comment

The Ten Thousand

Many ancient classics involving massive battles are possible now because of CGI.
                  Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Clear the Bridge!

Clear the Bridge!: The War Patrols of the U.S.S. Tang

by Richard O'Kane (Author)

This is his story and that of the USS Tang, one of the most successful submarines operating in the Pacific. O'Kane was one of a new breed of submarine skippers who traded caution for results with great success, but at huge risks. One of the most effective tactics was to take the surfaced submarine into the middle of Japanese convoys at night, attacking multiple ships and then escaping to the depths.

The action is heart stopping and explains why the Navy pulled some of the more conservative older skippers out of their boats and replaced them with men like this. But the story is much more than simply tactics and bravery above all expectations, it is a story about true leadership.
                    17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

The Regiment by Farley Mowat Prince Edward & Hastings Counties Ontario. The Hasty P's were in Italy, France and the Low Countries during WW2.

Regards,Patrick

Comment

The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell
                        A Dream of Eagles by Jack Whyte
                        Legend by David Gemmell
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

White Plague...about the re-emergence of the original strain of Spanish Flu.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by jackball74 View Post
                            I think a movie based on the Congo Crisis in the '60s based around the mercenaries of 5 Commando would be interesting. I'd also like to see either a mini-series or movie dealing with the Boxer Rebellion.
                            An entire movie was made about the Boxer Rebellion: 55 Days at Peking

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
                              Starship Troopers.
                              The real version, not the crap that was made already, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                                The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell
                                A Dream of Eagles by Jack Whyte
                                Legend by David Gemmell
                                I second Legend .
                                How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                                Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X