Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Book would you like to see made into a movie or mini series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zhang Xun View Post
    The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger would be great if it was made into a movie.
    Yes... probably never happen. His estate makes nearly 500k annually off that book.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Many....

The Old Gringo by Carlos Fuentes.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
        I think The Longest Day would work well as a miniseries. There were many stories of bravery and difficult struggle that day that could easily be better told over the course of a season.
        I'd love to see a re make of The Longest Day as a mini-series! The original movie was very good for its day. If you got the right producer you would probably have big name actors lining up to be in it a low salary just for the love of the movie!
        "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Guy Sajer, The Forgotton Soldier. Ken Tout, TANK 40 Hours of Battle.

Paul
          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
          All human ills he can subdue,
          Or with a bauble or medal
          Can win mans heart for you;
          And many a blessing know to stew
          To make a megloamaniac bright;
          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
          The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
            Ken Tout, TANK 40 Hours of Battle.

Can imagine that would actually be a cheap film to make!

Comment

Michael Moorcock, Stormbringer/Elric of Melnibone tails.

Paul
              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
              All human ills he can subdue,
              Or with a bauble or medal
              Can win mans heart for you;
              And many a blessing know to stew
              To make a megloamaniac bright;
              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

My own: The Dega, due out in a revised edition late this year by Warriors Publications Group, probably under the title: "Dega Warriors, Highland Dreams". I believe it explores an unknown aspect of the Vietnam War, and does justice to the tens of thousands of ethnic minorities who served in the rank and file of C.I.D.G. units. Americans are in it, but it isn't really about Americans. The real war never was.
                dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

Interesting thread, but please give a short plot description when you mention various titles. Saves readers the trouble of googling the titles to see if we want to read the books.

I love the suggestion of "The Longest Day". Something to dream about.

I would love to see a Sharpe type series based on Sven Hassel's books. These books follow a German penal battalion in WWII. Perfect for Spike network.

Comment

The Koran or Qur'an by Trey Parker, Matt Stone...

Comment

Byzantium, by Stephen Lawhead.

My favourite part is when a fleet of (about 300?) vikings sets sail to try and sack Constantinople in the height of the power of the Byzantine Empire, only to find that the city is far larger than their wildest dreams. Their pride prevents them from slinking back home, so they set about trying to figure out how to pillage the city anyway.

Hilarity/tragedy ensues.

Comment

Agincourt and the Saxon chronicles by Cornwell.
                        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

James Webb's Fields of Fire. If I remember correctly there was talks of a film being made but fell through...real shame, closest thing was some elements of Sidney J Furie's The Boys in Company C, which had some great dramatizations of Vietnam but overall felt a bit too comic at times. I think Fields of Fire however could draw a new interest to the Vietnam War.

On the subject of Sidney J Furie, did anyone get a chance to see the full two and a half hour version of Going Back/Under Heavy Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Holliday View Post
                            The Koran or Qur'an by Trey Parker, Matt Stone...
                            I think that would truly get many people killed!
                            "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                            Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

George MacDonald Fraser's short stories of Private McAuslan, unkempt, unhygienic and unwholesome, but not disobedient and in a Scottish regiment.

Absolutely eye-watering, hilarious stuff. There were three collections: The General danced at Dawn, McAuslan in the Rough, and The Sheikh and the Dustbin.
                              Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

I have a couple to offer:

The Fort, by Bernard Cornwell. The story of how too chefs spoil the soup. When Massachusetts tried to win back a fort the British built in what is now Maine. Set in the Revolutionary War.

Lion of Ireland, by Morgan Llewellyn. The story of Brian Boru and how he rose as a lesser son in an Irish clan to ruler of Ireland. Great characters, lots of sex and epic battles. What more can you ask in Irish history? I kept this book for years and read it many times.

Pruitt
                                Last edited by Pruitt; 26 Jun 15, 21:57.
                                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X