Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Book would you like to see made into a movie or mini series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Book would you like to see made into a movie or mini series?

I could post this in the Book or Film /DVD /TV sub forum. The Book sub forum gets less play so it wins!

What book would you like to see made into a movie or mini series?

I'm a big fan of the mini series. Shoe horning great books like Lonesome Dove or Band of Brothers into a movie would have been disappointing. As miniseries they are both masterpieces!

My pick is "The Given Day" by Dennis Lehanne. It is set in post World War I Boston. You have the labor strife the effects of the "Spanish Flu". Prohibition is coming in. Conflict between the various ethnic groups. "Old" Irish families versus newer arriving Irish.

If "The Given Day" is ever made into film I hope it is a mini series and not a movie. There is too much in this book for just a movie.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger would be great if it was made into a movie.
    "With foxes we must play the fox."
    -Thomas Fuller

Comment

The Sillmarilion
      Wack tac mac hey.
      Regards.
      Grishnak.

Comment

The Honor Harrington series, Flashman, Any one of the Terry Pratchett books.

The 'Fallout' fan films were pretty good.

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Xun View Post
          The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger would be great if it was made into a movie.
          Surprising that Catcher in the Rye has not been made into a movie. It is a huge seller even today. And it would not be an expensive movie to make.

I wonder if J.D. Salinger did not want it made into a movie? He was famous for keeping to himself. If so maybe his estate is also refusing to let it be made into a movie.
          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

"Life om the Mississippi" by Mark Twain.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Sam Vimes and the Anakmorpork Night Watch series by Terry Pratchett.

Bernard Cornwalls Arthur trilogy
              Cymru am Byth

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinmeath View Post
                Sam Vimes and the Anakmorpork Night Watch series by Terry Pratchett.

Btw, youtube terry pratchet audio books. There's various programs that allow you to download them and listen at your leisure...
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinmeath View Post

I'm almost done with "Enemy of God", and have Excalibur on order.

I've seen that BBC is turning the Saxon Tales into an eight part series.

I hope it turns out better than the TV adaption of the Sharpe series of books.

Comment

James R. Benn’s Billy Boyle stories and Robert van Gulik Judge Dee stores.

Comment

Ambrose "Undaunted Courage" made as a long mini series. Should be enough for a whole season.
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

This:

"Richards suddenly understood. Richards saw that Woolley was trying to do more than train them, and lead them, and pass on the lessons of experience: he was also struggling to turn each of them into the kind of person that he himself had become: When Wolley instructed them in shooting the enemy in the back he was not being melodramatic, he really meant it, because Wolley was a professional. The amateurs played at fighting: they kept their scores and rejoiced in their adventures, and they were brave, good-humoured warriors. But Wolley took it seriously. He had asked the ultimate question - what was it for? - and got the obvious, the only answer. You flew to destroy the enemy. You did not fly to fight, but to kill. It was neither fun nor adventure nor sport. It was business".
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goshawk_Squadron

That quote doesn't get close to how much of a turd this man is. But he is a killer, and he wants his pilots to be killers, because if they are not then they will be victims.

Anyway here (I think if I've got it right) if the book. Read it and dare tell me it wouldn't make a great movie..

https://books.google.com.au/books?id...oolley&f=false
                        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                          This:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goshawk_Squadron

That quote doesn't get close to how much of a turd this man is. But he is a killer, and he wants his pilots to be killers, because if they are not then they will be victims.

Anyway here (I think if I've got it right) if the book. Read it and dare tell me it wouldn't make a great movie..

https://books.google.com.au/books?id...oolley&f=false
                          In a similar vein, "Winged Victory,"by V.M. Yeates.
                          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

'The Cauldron.' by Zeno.
                            The long toll of the brave
                            Is not lost in darkness
                            Over the fruitful earth
                            And athwart the seas
                            Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                            Unquenchable forever.

Comment

I think The Longest Day would work well as a miniseries. There were many stories of bravery and difficult struggle that day that could easily be better told over the course of a season.
                              John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X