• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by jwhofer View Post
    This was my grandfather's response:

I was a member of Co. A of the 62nd Armored Infantry Battalion of the 14th Armored Division. If they wish to break it down even further, I was in headquarters squad of the first platoon. If the person making the inquiry has any connection to the 14th Armored Division, I would be interested in hearing from him/her. Grandpa
    Never met anyone from the 14th, but thank you!

Leave a comment:

• jwhofer
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    What unit was he in?
    This was my grandfather's response:

I was a member of Co. A of the 62nd Armored Infantry Battalion of the 14th Armored Division. If they wish to break it down even further, I was in headquarters squad of the first platoon. If the person making the inquiry has any connection to the 14th Armored Division, I would be interested in hearing from him/her. Grandpa

Leave a comment:

• jwhofer
    replied
    On one of his training photos it reads: "2nd Platoon - Co 'C' - 34th Inf Tr Bn - Camp Croft, SC - 1944."

I'll email him and ask what unit.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    What unit was he in?

Leave a comment:

• jwhofer
    replied
    Originally posted by skiplc View Post
    Got the Kindle edition yesterday...looks interesting.
    That is great! My grandfather is incredibly excited (in his old-age kind of way) about his book being published and read by WWII history buffs like you! Thank you! And please leave a good review on Amazon if you like it.

Leave a comment:

• skiplc
    replied
    Got the Kindle edition yesterday...looks interesting.

Leave a comment:

• New WW II Book (first-person account) - "A Wartime Odyssey"

About 10 years ago, my grandfather, Veryln Hofer, wrote a short book recounting his experience in WWII. He was an American GI and was wounded in battle fighting the Germans in France. The book had been sitting on our family bookshelves for a number of years when my father finally gave me a copy. I enjoyed the book so much that I got permission from my grandfather to publish the book.

The book is called, "A Wartime Odyssey" with a subtitle of "The Personal Story of One Teenage G.I. Wounded in Battle in WW II."

I wasn't sure how to get the word out on this new first-hand account of WW II. I found this wonderful forum where I know there are many patrons who would absolutely love the story my grandfather has to tell.

The book is available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle versions. It's only $0.99. It can be viewed here.

Here's a quick description:

This is the first-hand account of a 19-year-old American G.I. wounded in battle against German forces in France during World War II. This is a one-of-kind look inside what happened to those brave American G.I.ís who became casualties on the battlefields of World War II Europe. Filled with adventure, terror, humor, and honesty, Veryln Hofer recounts his personal wartime odyssey. From the battlefield, to Army hospitals, to a boat ride back home across the Atlantic, Hofer recalls not only the events, but the people who shaped his odyssey with beautiful clarity and insight. The cast of characters Hofer describes paints a picture of the war, the world, and the times that the reader will not soon forget.
    Attached Files

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X