"The Truth About Muhammad" a most depressing read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Truth About Muhammad" a most depressing read

I recently read "The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion" by Robert Spencer.

It truly was one of the most depressing books I've ever read. I don't know how accurate his description of the life of Muhammad is. But if it is accurate and Muslims believe that this man is the perfect man and perfect example for how to live your life it is truly scary.

Has any one else read this book?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    I recently read "The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion" by Robert Spencer.

It truly was one of the most depressing books I've ever read. I don't know how accurate his description of the life of Muhammad is. But if it is accurate and Muslims believe that this man is the perfect man and perfect example for how to live your life it is truly scary.

Has any one else read this book?
    That was written 7-8 years ago...He has fresh fodder in his : Not Peace but a Sword..He has his own Fatwa, so to speak...

Comment

here kitty kitty

The Prophet was very kind and loving- to cats. He recommended them as pets for all Moslems.

See-- no ones all bad....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muezza
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Context

IMO Muhammad was little more than a man of his times albeit a bit more charismatic. Most of the things he did would have been logical for any other Arab conqueror and ruler in those centuries. He would be but a footnote in history had he not created Islam. That in turn explains much of what brings Islam into conflict with the modern world. Islam turned a primer on living in a strife torn iron age seventh century Arab world into a globe spanning religion.

Let's just say the Koran has not aged well.
        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X