Looking for feedback on history books website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for feedback on history books website

Hi all. I'm a web developer from Chicago that loves reading nonfiction. I recently compiled a list of my favorite history books as well as some that come highly recommended. However, I'm not a military history buff, so I was hoping to get some suggestions from this community on any hits/misses I've got in that arena. I've organized my Historic Reads site as a timeline for ease of searching. Thanks in advance to anyone that has a minute to help out!

My initial reaction is "fantastic!". I love seeing historic books presented in this way, and there are some really good ones in there.

My only suggestion would be to add more ancient history books in there, it's a little thin.

Comment

Wonderful presentation!

A few you might look into:

Battles of the Bible (Herzog)

Dreadnought (Robert Massie)

Catherine the Great (also Massie)

Give Me A Fast Ship (McGraw)

Grant's memoirs

Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography
      "There are only two professions in the world in which the amateur excels the professional. One, military strategy, and, two, prostitution."
      -- Maj. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

(Avatar: Commodore Edwin Ward Moore, Republic of Texas Navy)

Comment

Good effort. Perhaps more books on India, especially Partition.
        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X