Just added two new books to my collection:

Guerrilla by David Rooney

The Tank Killers by Harry Yeide
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
    Just added two new books to my collection:

Guerrilla by David Rooney

The Tank Killers by Harry Yeide
    The Military History Bookclub selection of the month.........
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Yep. Rarely do I go for them, but these two were a good match, and offered something I like, a study of unorthodox small unit tactics.
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

The H Yeide book...

I'm interested in what you have to say about Harry Yeide's new book. I read his other book "Steel Victory" and although it wasn't a bad book, it lacked some of the depth I was looking for. I just recently bought Steve Zaloga's latest book from Osprey "US Tank & TD Battalions in the ETO" & although I haven't read it yet, I think it might provide some of the organizational history & information of these units that I want.

Comment

I just love it when the FedEx carrier knocks on your door and leaves a carton of books. Now, to just figure a way for them to also leave the money to pay for said books...

Today's additions are:

Boots on the Ground: A Month with the 82nd Airborne in the Battle for Iraq - Karl Zinsmeister

All American All The Way: The Combat History of the 82nd Airborne Division in World War II - Phil Nordyke

Oxford Atlas of the Civil War - Steven E. Woodworth and Kenneth J. Winkle
          Attached Files
          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

To bone up for a presentation I'm giving in January 2006, I've been reading about Sickles ill conceived move into the Peach Orchard on 7/2/1863. So, I picked up my copy of "Gettysburg's Bloody Wheatfield" by Jay Jorgenson and I have been reading through "Caspian Sea of Ink", by Richard Sauers as well as specific Gettysburg Magazine articles.
            I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X