Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many books do you plan to read in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I average 3 books a week, more if I get stuck into a series of books. I now read more than I watch tv
    So it should be 156 books this year, I'm already ahead of my estimate so far this year though

Comment

Currently, I cant really read much due to work. I am trying to find more time so I will be able to read more.
      I am planning to read Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania
      http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Wake-Last.../ref=zg_bs_9_1

I am also trying to read Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption.
      http://www.amazon.com/Unbroken-World.../ref=zg_bs_9_9
      "With foxes we must play the fox."
      -Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
        How many books do you plan to read in 2015? I refer to nonfiction ----- fiction is mind candy, and if I read less of it, I could read more nonfiction. I love fiction, but it doesn't get the study projects done.

I plan on 100 nonfiction books. I achieved that in 2013; not so good in 2014, only 48. My sister said that wasn't so bad, that's one book a week plus four weeks off for good behavior. [:-)

I count codices, ebooks, audiobooks, and occasionally fiction that is directly related to the study project and that I might not read as fiction for pleasure (Tale of Two Cities, A Place of Greater Safety, both important French Rev. fiction). I have been known when desperate at the end of the month to read a knitting book with lots of illustrations. Hey, it's nonfiction.
        You knit then ?

Ladies like you are a vanishing breed.
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X