The Generals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Generals

Has anyone read the Generals by Thomas Ricks? I am thinking of purchasing it and am interested in any opinions on it before I do. I have read 2 previous works by Mr.Ricks, Fiasco and The Gamble that I enjoyed. But money is really tight right now and I don't want to waste it if I can find out a little about it.Thanks!!

"The Generals" was reviewed on ACG.com by Rick Baillergeon, one of the authors of our Tactics 101 series. Here's a link:
    http://www.armchairgeneral.com/the-g...ook-review.htm

Comment

Thank You, Blitzpuppy

Thanks for the info Blitzpuppy. I read it and think I may indeed get it. Sounds like a interesting read.

Comment

I listened to the audio version this last year. It had some interesting background on post WW II but lacked substance and focus when presenting the recent crop of general officers. I think it reflects a scarcity of balanced research and evaluation that a longer term perspective will provide. I am not a fan of the current military leadership which is seriously deficient in character which reflects the problems of the promotion system in field grade and above.

Comment

Thank You

Thanks for the info Major Mike I appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X