Killing Patton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing Patton

A good read so far, about 1/3 of the way into it...
    Attached Files

Can't wait to get it myself.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Look forward to a review when you finish.
      Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

There's no way I'm giving Bill a penny. Besides I have a good knowledge of Patton.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I never understood why Patton's death is such a conspiracy. I know the impact of the crash wasn't very high but Patton had broken his neck when he was younger and injuries never heal 100% which is why Patton broke his neck again.
          “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
          ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Picked up the book at COSTCO and so far excellent read. As to the conspiracy theory that this was a deliberate action to kill Patton does have some merit. Patton was adamantly anti-Russian and one could suppose that Stalin would like him silenced to remove his distrust and disdain of Russia from the American public. I for one have always leaned toward the idea that this was a "hit" orchestrated by someone or some country.

So far, the book sheds some light on the idea that the Generals including Einsinhower were not the great military leaders that history has portrayed them as. Of course one has to look at this through Patton's eyes.
            Last edited by FTCS; 29 Sep 14, 11:20.
            Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

A good or excellent read is nice, but I hope you are looking at footnotes, if any, and bibliography for validation of a conspiracy perspective.
              Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Well one could reference some of the material mentioned here. But, it is still nothing more that a possible conspiracy theory.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/..._s_patton.html

No matter if you consider the conspiracy valid or not, the book is still a very good read.
                Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
                  Well one could reference some of the material mentioned here. But, it is still nothing more that a possible conspiracy theory.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/..._s_patton.html

No matter if you consider the conspiracy valid or not, the book is still a very good read.
                  Lack of any references in the link is disappointing.
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I have the Book, I'll have to wait for my Wife to finish it.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Never read books from political operatives.
                      texjoy861 from youtube:

"Aaron Sorkin writes like a limousine liberal version of Ayn Rand. None of the characters sound remotely like human beings."

Comment

Originally posted by Emmajin Beki View Post
                        Never read books from political operatives.
                        Then you dont read.....

Comment

Not everyone is a political operative. Half of the US does not even vote.
                          texjoy861 from youtube:

"Aaron Sorkin writes like a limousine liberal version of Ayn Rand. None of the characters sound remotely like human beings."

Comment

Originally posted by Emmajin Beki View Post
                            Not everyone is a political operative. Half of the US does not even vote.
                            What I meant was everyone has a point of view stemming from the envoirment they grew up in or learned from...Every writer brings his own political view in their story...Fiction or non-fiction....even if it is not done intentionally......

Comment

Yeah but operatives are shadier, they are like the black ops of political actors.
                              texjoy861 from youtube:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X