Ike recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike recommendation

I'm thinking of getting my hands on a good book on Eisenhower during the war years (doesn't have to be limited to that) that is not full of BS. I'd like a book that is well researched.
    Any recommendations please.
    John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Start with Eisenhower's book Crusade in Europe, it will give you a good insight into the man.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      Start with Eisenhower's book Crusade in Europe, it will give you a good insight into the man.
      yep I agree

Comment

Eisenhower

I really enjoyed Eisenhower by Geoffey Perret. I thought it to be a very well researched and well written. I had also read Mr.Korda's book on Ike but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as Mr.Perret's biography.

Comment

If you are interested in Ike's relations with the British, that is covered in John A Adams' book "The Battle For Western Europe, Fall 1944". I just finished it.

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

For me the most attention grabbing book to gain insights on Ike is Russell F. Weigley's Eisenhower's Lieutenants: The Campaign of France and Germany, 1944-1945. Wiegley knows his craft and subject, Prof of History, Temple University also authored History of the United States Army and The American Way of War.
            Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X