John Antal books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Antal books

Starting a thread to cover all the books and materials written by our illustrious Editorial Director, John F. Antal.

I was just gifted with my first book by him (thanks again HEAT!): Infantry Combat: The Rifle Platoon. If you are familiar with the 'Choose Your Own Adventure' books of old, and you love the magazine's interactive combat story (ICS), then you'll want this book!
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

I've got a copy of "Armor Attacks" (?) somewhere around here...

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Of the "Attacks" volumes I found the Armor and the company volumes are much better than the infantry one. The infantry one also had severe logic errors in the decision tree, IIRC.

His fiction future Korean war book is a bit like Ralph Peter's "Red Army" but really not as good. It has a lot of interesting military details but he doesn't draw convincing people's behavior, his characters are all too stereotyped. Peter's excellend in this, too.

The only other book of his I know of is him being co-author of "City Fights" but I didn't read it yet.

Comment

Searching for John Antal Book

In the Future Warfare section of ArmChair General Magazine, in the bottom it mentions a book by John Antal called Battleshock: The War In 2022. I have done a search for this book on the Internet and can't find it. Where could I find this book?

Regards,
        JT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwolf
          Of the "Attacks" volumes I found the Armor and the company volumes are much better than the infantry one. The infantry one also had severe logic errors in the decision tree, IIRC.

His fiction future Korean war book is a bit like Ralph Peter's "Red Army" but really not as good. It has a lot of interesting military details but he doesn't draw convincing people's behavior, his characters are all too stereotyped. Peter's excellend in this, too.

The only other book of his I know of is him being co-author of "City Fights" but I didn't read it yet.

What errors did you find in the logic. The only thing I had a problem with for a minute was sending my MG gunner back to the pipes. I didn't think that that was particularly wise, as he was relatively unsupported, but I eventually came to understand that without doing so, the enemy arty would have precise coordinates to shoot at, rather than just an area to fire in.
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4
            What errors did you find in the logic. The only thing I had a problem with for a minute was sending my MG gunner back to the pipes. I didn't think that that was particularly wise, as he was relatively unsupported, but I eventually came to understand that without doing so, the enemy arty would have precise coordinates to shoot at, rather than just an area to fire in.
            I don't mean things I disagreed with, that would be fine. I mean things that were just broken from a story continuation standpoint, i.e. jumping to a wrong place in the story.

I have to check my copy whether the chart that I followed originally is still in there.

Comment

Originally posted by vajt
              In the Future Warfare section of ArmChair General Magazine, in the bottom it mentions a book by John Antal called Battleshock: The War In 2022. I have done a search for this book on the Internet and can't find it. Where could I find this book?
              Regards,
              JT
              Hello vajt, and welcome to the Armchair General forums!

Well, I failed to find the book anywhere, also. If you'll look to the top of the page, in the greyed section you'll see the Members List. Click there, look up Mr. Antal's profile, and you may send him a Private Message (PM) asking where to find his book. Just tell him Jim sent you!
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to enjoying these forums. I sent Mr. Antal a PM. I'll post his reply when he gets back to me as others may also be curious.

Regards,
                JT "vajt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X