X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keltic Warrior
    replied
    Jobie Turner’s Feeding Victory: Innovative Military Logistics from Lake George to Khe Sanh.

Leave a comment:

• johns624
    replied
    Twilight of the Gods, the final volume of Ian Toll's trilogy on the War in the Pacific.

Leave a comment:

• Capt AFB
    replied
    I got tired of being asked if I had read Panzer Commander by Col Hans von Luck

I found a copy and reading it this week. I understand that it is pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I am reading Tempest Over Texas by Donald Frazier. It is the fourth volume in his Louisiana Quadrille.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• R.N. Armstrong
    replied
    Zbigniew Herbert's Barbarian in a Garden. The book jacket notes "In these ten essays Poland's finest living poet reflects on the art, architecture and history of Western Europe." ... 'Our lives pass amidst things,' Herbert has said, 'and that is why we ought to associate with them. I fight dust--the element that destroys objects.'
    Last edited by R.N. Armstrong; 18 Oct 20, 01:22.

Leave a comment:

• DingBat
    replied

There's been a flurry of Northwest Passage books since the re-discovery of Erebus and Terror. As a Canadian, they're almost required reading. So far, this an enjoyable read. It also tries to tie together all the various exploratory efforts of the indigenous peoples, Dutch, British, Inuit, and others into one overview.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The Lion At Sea (Battle of Jutland)

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Re-reading Architecture of War.

Leave a comment:

• McMax
    replied
    James Benn latest Billy Boyle novel The Red Horse.

Leave a comment:

• DingBat
    replied
    I'm just finishing up this book:

At the moment, it's my "Book of the Year 2020". Meticulously researched, tons of information clearly presented in a balanced manner with areas of uncertainty clearly noted. Engaging, shocking, depressing, informative all that the same time. The authors go out of their way to defend the benefits of free markets but, even so, this is probably a book to avoid if you believe unfettered, free markets are the answer to all problems.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    I have started "Robichaux" by James Lee Burke. I try to read every Burke I can get.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• johns624
    replied
    I'm finishing up Suez by Keith Kyle. Sitting next on the pile is Twilight of the Gods, the finishing volume of Ian Toll's trilogy of the Pacific war. I couldn't wait for the softcover, so I splurged for the hardback. I know it was worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• R.N. Armstrong
    replied
    Reading C.S. Forester's Gold From Crete, a collection of fictional short stories about WWII. I'm studying his narrative form--would like to use it in a historical work.

Leave a comment:

• Capt AFB
    replied
    Keeping with the thread subject of what you are currently reading, the COVID 19 thing and my retirement are providing me more time to read books - Perhaps a bit away from my normal military reading and more in the general reading selection.

Just started: The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

But keeping with the military theme, I am also reading a book that as been on my shelves of books to read when I find time (I do now!): How to Make War by James Dunnigan.

Leave a comment:

• Emtos
    replied
    Content delated as it wasn't related directly to the thread topic but adjunct opinion concerning possible changes to the OTL. As such the post would have been better served either in WW1 or Alternate history sections. Best Andy H
    Last edited by Andy H; 10 Oct 20, 12:12.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X