Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished the last couple chapters in B.H. Liddell Hart's Strategy, and I have started reading Charles McDonald's Company Commander.
    "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

• Comment

• I'm new here but can't resist a What Are You Reading thread. Just finished a new and very comprehensive bio of Curtis Lemay. Made me wonder if my thinking about him has been all wrong. Curious if anyone else has read it?

More here:

http://www.warrenkozak.com/

Comment

• The Man with the iron heart:

Great book so far, I'm a fan of Harry turtledove.
          Last edited by Computre; 08 May 09, 19:12.
          If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

"CRY,'HAVOC' AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR." ~Julius Caesar

Comment

• Hitler's Willing Executioners
            "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Reading 'The American West' by Dee Brown. Very well written, would recommend it to anyone even vaguely interested in American history immediately after the Civil War.
              HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• War and Remembrance- by Herman Wouk
                17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

• Finished Charles McDonald's Company Commander today. Very good book.

I just started in on Robert Taber's War of the Flea.
                  "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

• SULLA by Giovanni Brizzi
                    A ME LE GUARDIE
                    "Di noi tremň la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

• Originally posted by Granatiere View Post
                      SULLA by Giovanni Brizzi
                      Novel or biography?
                      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                        Novel or biography?
                        Biography. Brizzi is a storician from the University of Bologna. I did read about Sulla in the novels of Mccullough, but I didn't like...too much characterized. I did read the biography of Sulla by Jerome Carcopino, but I found it too much academic and "heavy". The Brizzi's book strikes a balance. Sulla is one of my favourite roman generals and politicians.
                        A ME LE GUARDIE
                        "Di noi tremň la nostra vecchia gloria. Tre secoli di fede e una vittoria". Gabriele D'Annunzio

Comment

• Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry.
                          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• A Life in a Year: The American Infantryman in Vietnam by James R. Erbert
                            2013 I'm going into West Point if it kills me. 2017 (or 2012 depending on West Point) I'm joining the Airborne if it kills me and it actually might.

Comment

• I am reading 'The war of the landing craft', a somewhat aged paper back version of what I know was originally a good book full of facts and interesting personal comments and find that this version is obviously abridged, very dissapointed!! The original had photographs and accounts and names of numerous carrier ships involved etc:
                              Last edited by lcm1; 27 May 09, 01:47.
                              'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                              " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

• Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                                I am reading 'The war of the landing craft', a somewhat aged paper back version of what I know was originally a good book full of facts and interesting personal comments and find that this version is obviously abridged, very dissapointed!! The original had photographs and accounts and names of numerous carrier ships involved etc:
                                I think I might just be able to post the illustrations on this thread in a few days time if you like, as I know of a hardback copy 'By Peter Lund' gathering dust somewhere on my Mates bookshelf.
                                ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                                All human ills he can subdue,
                                Or with a bauble or medal
                                Can win mans heart for you;
                                And many a blessing know to stew
                                To make a megloamaniac bright;
                                Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                                The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...