Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished "Ostfront 1944: The German Defensive Battles On The Russian Front 1944" Alex Buchner. The author was a German soldier in WWII. Good read.
    Also finished "Hitler's Police Battalions" by Edward B. Westermann. Excellent book shows how instilled with the SS "ethic" these police units were and how instrumental they were in waging a brutal racial war in Poland and Russia.
    Last edited by VancePolk; 15 Jan 09, 21:47.
    "Ultimately communism is an impossible Utopian dream imposed by hypocrites who will commit mass murder to achieve absurd goals"- Trebuchet

Comment

• I just got an autographed copy of Ann Coulter's new book, GUILTY, and started reading it this morning. It's excellent -- but that's what I expected from her.
      Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
      Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
      http://www.mormon.org
      http://www.sca.org
      http://www.scv.org/
      http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

• I'm finally getting Hitler's War by David Irving more in-depth, I must say it's a fancsinating and breathtaking book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
          I'm finally getting Hitler's War by David Irving more in-depth, I must say it's a fancsinating and breathtaking book.
          You do know that most of that book has been proven to be somewhat factually challenged? And Irving has been denounced as a Holocaust denier? Other than that, it does move along pretty well.

Don't feel bad about it though, I have that book in my library too.
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
            You do know that most of that book has been proven to be somewhat factually challenged? And Irving has been denounced as a Holocaust denier? Other than that, it does move along pretty well.

Don't feel bad about it though, I have that book in my library too.
            Yeah I know that Irving is Holocaust denier, and the contraversy surrounding his books. However still Hitler's War has won critial acclam from many prominent military historians.

However one of the biggest issues with Irving should be the prices of his books!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
              Yeah I know that Irving is Holocaust denier, and the contraversy surrounding his books. However still Hitler's War has won critial acclam from many prominent military historians.

However one of the biggest issues with Irving should be the prices of his books!
              Controversy sells!

Comment

• In Case You Might Have Missed It.

Rereading a thread right here at ACG and there's a wealth of information in it. If you've got the time, I would highly recommend it.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55065

Comment

• I am reading a nifty rather small softback book written by two British authors called: SNIPERS. It goes through famous individual sniping incidents, and also some more wide scale examples from ww1, ww2, Vietnam ect...

It's a very interesting nifty little book, I recommend it.
                  "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Gord the Rogue 1: Saga of Old City by Gary Gygax.
                    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• The Line Upon A Wind: The Great War at SEa 1793 to 1815 by Noel Mostert.

Covers role of Naval forces in the European conflicts of the period including use of naval forces in land combat, the US Barbary War, the US Quasi War with France and the War of 1812.
                      Boston Strong!

Comment

• Library of America

I am currently reading:

The Lincoln Anthology: Great Writers on His Life and Legacy from 1860 to Now

The latest volume in the Library of America Series.
                        Last edited by 17thAirborneSon; 23 Jan 09, 17:27.
                        17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

• Dvigateli tankov iz istorii tankostroyeniya (Tank engines from the history of tank construction) by Yegenii Abramovich Zubov.
                          Last edited by Skoblin; 23 Jan 09, 21:10.

Comment

• Almost a Miracle: The American Victory in the War of Independence by John Ferling

Comment

• Cold war research

For a chilling account of cold war skulduggery try The Sword and the Shield: The Mitrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB.

Excellent book. Very informative. It also explains why our universities are so screwed up.
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Evelyn Waugh's Sword of Honour Trilogy.

Amazing.

Wlad
                                The only thing that matters is how well you walk through the fire.
                                Charles Bukowski

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X