This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
    is this book a hevy read like more than a couple weeks or easy to down?
    Nawh, it's a short book, 140 pages. Footnotes extend it to 160 pages, if you read that part. You could probably knock it off while you are resting.
    Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

• Don't Give Up The Ship. Myths Of The War Of 1812. by Donald R. Hickey

Donald R. Hickey is an American historian who has written a number of books on early US history, this is a highly readable book which covers the myths and stories of this Anglo-American war

ps, According to Mr Hickey the USA did lose the war

Comment

• well we did lose more people, but in the end it was a truce.
        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Comment

• I'm rereading the Lord of the Rings...GENIUS!! Tolkien is possibly my favorite fiction author.
            Best regards, Hufflepuff

Comment

• "Russian Thinkers" by Isaiah Berlin for a course in Russian History. It is amazingly well written and talks about the rise of the Russian intelligentsia in the crucial decade of 1838-1848, which set in the train the events that would lead to the Revolution of 1917.
              There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Discovery of France

Just started reading Graham Robb: The Discovery of France: A Historical Geography, from the Revolution to the First World War

Intriguing, do not come to much else this weekend
                  Combination of history, ethnography and travel literature as I would like to write it.
                  Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 19 Oct 08, 10:38.
                  BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• re-reading Millett and Maslowski's For the Common Defense A Military History of the United States of America

Free Press; 1984

Comment

• 'Final Judgement' by Michael Collins Piper.

And yes I know all about Mr Piper and the controversies surrounding him before anyone comments.
                      Signing out.

Comment

• Debt of Honor, Tom Clancy.
                        “Come and take it!"

Comment

• I never realized how many of our members could read...
                          Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                            I never realized how many of our members could read...
                            What else would we do? How do you think we got so smart...
                            “Come and take it!"

Comment

• were smart now to? WOAH big news...

Comment

• I've just started reading 'Cochrane - Britannia's Sea Wolf' by Donald Thomas. It's excellent, there are more incredible (but factual), exploits in it, and of a greater magnitude than in any CS Forester or Patrick O'Brian novel!
                                "In Critical and baffling situations, it is always best to return to first principle and simple action." Sir Winston Churchill.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X