Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pssssss. ( you were not supposed to agree with me. you were supposed to say something like "no you americans arn't cocky" )
    Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
    I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• "Eisenhowers Lieutenants"
      If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

• just got the book "the fighting 69th"
        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me

Comment

• Well this a fiction book, but it has to do with WWII.

Finished this yesterday,

The Eagle has Landed

and started the sequel

The Eagle has Flown
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• Steel Inferno by Michael Reynolds.

“Come and take it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
              Well this a fiction book, but it has to do with WWII.

Finished this yesterday,

The Eagle has Landed

and started the sequel

The Eagle has Flown
              Ah yes Jack Higgins, very good a great author, have you read his Cold Harbour? Another very good piece of war fiction!!
              'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
              " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Patton 7079 View Post
                pssssss. ( you were not supposed to agree with me. you were supposed to say something like "no you americans arn't cocky" )
                I always agree with you 'Cocky Buggers' it saves a lot of hassle!!
                'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

• finishing up this one...

Empires of the Sea: The Final Battle for the Mediterranean 1521-1580

by Roger Crowley

Good "read" on audible book. Pretty brutal stuff.
                  I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• Yanks : The Epic Story of the American Army in World War I by John S. D. Eisenhower.

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

• Rising Sun Victorius- Editor Peter G Touras

Drive to the East-Harry Turtledove

Ghost Mountain Boys Can't wait to finish this one it's about the 31st "Red Arrow" Infantry Division in the New Guenia Campain. My Grandpa was in the 31st inf division in WWII but all we know is that he served in New Guenia.
                      2013 I'm going into West Point if it kills me. 2017 (or 2012 depending on West Point) I'm joining the Airborne if it kills me and it actually might.

Comment

• Just pulled this one out of the pile of books, only just started out but already promises to be a good read of an officer who did not seem to follow the normal conventions of the Japanese officer.
                        Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

• Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                          I always agree with you 'Cocky Buggers' it saves a lot of hassle!!
                          It makes us feel better when we are agreed with

Comment

• Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
                            Ah yes Jack Higgins, very good a great author, have you read his Cold Harbour? Another very good piece of war fiction!!
                            Nope, I'll have to check that out
                            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• The Assassins by Bernard Lewis. The author, a middle east expert, looks at the Assassin sect that grew out of the Ismailis in the late 12th century using early European and Arabic sources. Some interesting parallels between them and modern day suicide bombers and some myth busting.

rna
                              Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

• is this book a hevy read like more than a couple weeks or easy to down?

Comment

Working...
                                X