Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This morning I received a DVD containing pdf versions of all the Command Histories of the Military Assistance Command Vietnam (MACV) from 1964 to 1973 (had only 1967-1968 til then), it contains nearly 10,000 pages of unclassified documents covering about every aspects of the US involvement in Vietnam (ground, air and naval operations, pacification, planning, enemy activities etc...) and representing perhaps the most extensive resource about the war I ever possessed and certainly months of reading

Comment

• Wow Boonie, looks very interesting!!! Hope you have fun reading it all.

I finished IRON ARM last night....loved every page of it, though most people would probably consider some of it a little boring and bland.

Alex
      CC

Comment

• - Miscellaneous articles by Dr. John Rao. http://jcrao.freeshell.org/

- PSAT prep book (I'm can't wait to take it! )

- The Man with the Iron Heart, new historical fiction book by Harry Turtledove on WWII.

Looks like it'll be a good, somewhat light read, compared to what I normally read...

Alex
        CC

Comment

• Just started

Five Days In London, May 1940. by John Lukacs,

http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/b...sbn=0300080301
          I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• This is a fascinating book and I strongly recommend it if you are interested in the GWOT.

Comment

• Looks neat Miss.Saigon.

So far The Man with the Iron Heart has been pretty good......the author does a great yet subtle job of drawing parallels between a post-WWII occupation of Germany by the Allies that is highly contested by fanatical Werewolf partisans with the current struggles in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Alex
              CC

Comment

• Comment

• Shattered Sword: The Untold Story of the Battle of Midway by Jonathan Parshall & Anthony Tully. I actually helped the authors with the book; I'm mentioned in the acknowledgements under the title "1st Lieutenant Matthew R. Jones of the U.S. Army", even though I'm not in the military (although I dearly wish I was).

-Matt
                  SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Crossing The Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil by Michael C. Ruppert.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatholicCrusade View Post
                      Looks neat Miss.Saigon.

So far The Man with the Iron Heart has been pretty good......the author does a great yet subtle job of drawing parallels between a post-WWII occupation of Germany by the Allies that is highly contested by fanatical Werewolf partisans with the current struggles in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Alex
                      CC
                      I actually read a book about the werewolves once. If I recall they pulled off on successful attack in Aachen but were then a spent force.

Comment

• Finished The War Managers this evening. Good reading for how the US generals felt about the conflict in Vietnam.
                        "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

• Comment

• I am 2/3 of the way through The Dark Side by Jane Mayer.

Very depressing book.

Comment

• "Hell In A Very Small Place". Again.
                              "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Comment

• Originally posted by F4UCorsair View Post
                                "Hell In A Very Small Place". Again.
                                Sitting on the shelf waiting to be read along with The Last Valley. Then it will be time to break out the ATO game on the subject.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X