Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking the Backcountry: The Seven Years' War In Virginia And Pennsylvania, 1754-1765 by Matthew C. Ward.

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

• The Steel Tide

I just finished Jeff Shaara's newest.

The Steel Tide is excellent...

Comment

• Reality and Rhetoric: Studies in the Economics of Development by P.T. Bauer

Comment

• MACV COMMAND HISTORY 1968 Volume I & II.

It is a 1000+ pages document synthesizing all the activities of Military Assistance Command, Vietnam during 1968, fascinating stuff (if you're a Vietnam nuts of course )

Comment

• Strategy B. H. Liddell Hart

2013 I'm going into West Point if it kills me. 2017 (or 2012 depending on West Point) I'm joining the Airborne if it kills me and it actually might.

Comment

• Just finished Neuromancer by William Gibson.

Am going to start Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds today or tomorrow.

Comment

• I had an interesting experience. I am an instructor of non-violent crisis intervention. I just recertified in a personal protection and physical restraint course from a private contractor, different company. My name is being put in to become an instructor for that course as well. The contractor giving the course was a guy I did basic training with over 20 years ago, in the reserves. During some discussion about litigation, responsibility to protect, personal decisions, and conscience he recommended a book. I should be picking it up this week. Small world.

Last edited by Duncan; 01 Jul 08, 13:53.
                AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

• Popski's Private Army by Vladimir Peniakoff

How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization by Dr. Thomas Woods

Recently Read (in the past few weeks):

State of Emergency
                  by Patrick Buchanan

Military Heritage, latest issue of that magazine.

Killing Rommel by Stephen Pressfield

I LOVE READING!

Alex
                  CC

Comment

• Into the American Woods: Negotiators on the Pennsylvania Frontier by James H. Merrell.

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

• and
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Comment

• On Bullshit

Small gem on how to think properly and identify and demask bullshit in reasoning for what it is! More serious and philosophical than it perhaps sounds
                        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• For Paul

"We Will Stay Here, If We Must All Go to Hell Together"
                          -Col. John R. Cooke, 27th NC

Avatar: My Grandfather on the right. His twin on the left. Their older brother in the middle. In their Navy Blues

Comment

• Originally posted by Airchallenged View Post
                            For Paul

Nice! I'm all over it. I'll order a copy ASAP, my Airborne library could use another trophy-book. Let me know how the book is...
                            "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• I'm still reading the Day of Battle and it's incredible how badly the assault on Sicily worked. Some plains never found the island and there were troopers jumping more than 60 miles apart from de Drop Zone.
                              All warfare is based on deception.
                              Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                                I'm still reading the Day of Battle and it's incredible how badly the assault on Sicily worked. Some plains never found the island and there were troopers jumping more than 60 miles apart from de Drop Zone.
                                My Grampa survided the jump, and it was a mess. Here's a clipping from the time. The press doesn't know how bad exactly the friendly fire incident was, and it seems like they give the Krautheads alot of credit for kills the US Navy pulled off....

"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X