X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airchallenged View Post
    Calculus Textbook

Written by Jimmy Stewart?

Damn..., he acts, he serves, and he does math....
    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Washington's Crossing by David H. Fischer. It is very good.

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

• The Terrible Hours by Peter Maas. Its about Lt. Commander Swede Momsen and the rescue of the men of the USS Squalus. Takes place shortly before World War II in 1939.
        A good woodchipper solves a lot of problems. All hail Doctor Sinister

Comment

• Pierre Melandri's USA History after 1865.
          All warfare is based on deception.
          Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

• "Why Viet Nam?" by Archimedes Patti
            Last edited by Miss Saigon; 10 Mar 08, 16:10.

Comment

• The Coming Of The Third Reich by Richard Evans with the 2nd volume, The Third Reich In Power on deck.
              Eagerly looking forward to the 3rd volume, The Third Reich At War.

Last edited by R. Evans; 11 Mar 08, 12:47.
              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• "A True History of Pirates" !!
                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• The Terrible Hours by Peter Maas. Its about Lt. Commander Swede Momsen and the rescue of the men of the USS Squalus. Takes place shortly before World War II in 1939.

Hey There Jeremy--- did you know that the conning tower of the USS SQUALUS was recovered and now sits as a memorial at the Portsmouth Navy Yard?

Comment

• Picked these up the other day in paperback for "light reading."

Comment

• John Prados "Safe For Democracy; The Secret Wars of the CIA"
                      Bill

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"

Billy Currington

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                        Picked these up the other day in paperback for "light reading."

Hey, I picked up that first one too. I quite enjoyed it (a very quick read).

It really led to some interesting thoughts, but I felt like I needed to take a break from the Alt-History forum for a while.

DoD might just need to pick up that second one to get his alternate-history fix, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by daemonofdecay View Post
                          Hey, I picked up that first one too. I quite enjoyed it (a very quick read).

It really led to some interesting thoughts, but I felt like I needed to take a break from the Alt-History forum for a while.

DoD might just need to pick up that second one to get his alternate-history fix, though.
                          Actually the Japanese one was written first. Although I'm reading the Nazi one before the other. It'll be on the plane with me today on the way to Boston.(for 3 weeks)

I don't like travelling anymore, but hey, I need the money.

Comment

• Received John Toland's In Mortal Combat today, gonna start reading it later in the evening, it will be a change from the vietnamese rice paddies

Comment

• Have just finished Vulcan 607 and have started on Fighter Boys

Comment

• A Hessian Diary of the American Revolution by Johann Conrad Dohla.

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

Working...
                                X