Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Heat by Ari Fleischer. I've only read a little of it and its very good.
    Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
    Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
    http://www.mormon.org
    http://www.sca.org
    http://www.scv.org/
    http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

• The Battle of Poitiers
      American Scandals
      Flashing Steel
      TTFN

Comment

• The Chilling Stars: The New Theory of Climate Change by Henrik Svensmark and Nigel Calder...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
          I can't wait to get my copy. It's one of the highest rated books on the Airborne Research site I belong to....
          Yeah, I can't believe my dumbassed luck on this one....there's a small (and I mean small) little book shack a few town's over, and this guy has books piled up 10 foot high through the whole place. He puts all his hardcovers in protective plastic covers. I found this copy here...hardcover in great shape, which was marked $10, and he knocked a couple bucks off since I'm a good customer tht usually buys a few on my trips in there. I look at it when I get home, and it's a First Edition! I couldn't believe it. I've just started it, but it's excellent!
          http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiterook View Post
            Yeah, I can't believe my dumbassed luck on this one....there's a small (and I mean small) little book shack a few town's over, and this guy has books piled up 10 foot high through the whole place. He puts all his hardcovers in protective plastic covers. I found this copy here...hardcover in great shape, which was marked $10, and he knocked a couple bucks off since I'm a good customer tht usually buys a few on my trips in there. I look at it when I get home, and it's a First Edition! I couldn't believe it. I've just started it, but it's excellent!
            Sweet! I know how it is. I was stuck in strange town once, waiting around for a few hours, and I walked into a book store to get out of the heat. I found a copy of "Dispatches" (my own little Vietnam Bible) by Micheal Herr for $3.50 and a copy of Paths of Glory (in perfect condition from 1963) for $2.00, what a steal....

I got a 1957 Us Army Survival Field Manual that day, too. All the info seemed to say "Let's Invade Cuba!"
            "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• It's a cool feeling when occasionally we stumble on deals like that! They don't seem to happen too often, but at least they happen!

Now, with EBay, it's a little easier to find that hard-to-find-gem. I once went through a bookseller in Central Massachusetts, that has since gone under, that was the only source I could find to get me Pappy Boyington's book on the Black Sheep Squadron....still one of my prized books....hey, now that I think of it, I should amend my fav books to include Pappys'!
              http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

• Comment

• Shake Hands With The Devil, The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda by Romeo Dallaire. The further through it I get the angrier and sadder I get. But very well written and informative.
                  "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                  G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                  Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends

Bill Guarnere, Babe Hefron and Robyn Post....excellent.

Comment

• "Hitler Strikes Poland: Blitzkrieg, Ideology, and Atrocity" Alexander Rossino.
                      Excellent.
                      "Ultimately communism is an impossible Utopian dream imposed by hypocrites who will commit mass murder to achieve absurd goals"- Trebuchet

Comment

• The Road - Oprah fav!
                        TTFN

Comment

• Blood and Thunder :
                          The Epic Story of Kit Carson and the Conquest of the American West~~Hampton Sides
                          Just like children sleeping, we can dream this night away... ~NY

Comment

• Originally posted by VancePolk View Post
                            "Hitler Strikes Poland: Blitzkrieg, Ideology, and Atrocity" Alexander Rossino.
                            Excellent.
                            I read this one a while ago. Very interesting, but also very depressing and very disturbing. The Nazis were brutal with Poland.

Comment

• The Model Railroader's Guide to Coal Railroading

Comment

• I just finished Snake Pilot, by Randy Zahn and Battle Ready by Tom Clancy and Anthony Zinni. Now I'm back to PreCalculus; A Graphing Approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X