X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.N. Armstrong
    replied
    Now reading Kanon's "Alibi". It's historical background is what happened to the Jews in Venice during WWII.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post
    For those who enjoyed Robert Harris novels, I believe you will like Joseph Kanon who has written The Prodigal Spy, Los Alamos, The Good German and others within a historical context for his mysteries.
    I prefer the older 'The expendable spy' by Jack D Hunter (who later wrote ' The Blue Max'). It starts with a young US intelligence officer parachuted into Germany in the last days of the 3rd Reich who initially finds himself infiltrating a werewolf operation (which is not all it seems to be). Hunter was originally a young US intelligence officer parachuted into Germany in the last days of the 3rd Reich who found himself.infiltrating a werewolf operation set up. I won't spoil it for new readers but it is more complex rthan that. Hunter later worked for the CIA.

Leave a comment:

• R.N. Armstrong
    replied
    For those who enjoyed Robert Harris novels, I believe you will like Joseph Kanon who has written The Prodigal Spy, Los Alamos, The Good German and others within a historical context for his mysteries.

Leave a comment:

• Gorque
    replied
    I just finished reading Hillbilly Anthology by J.D. Vance. An insightful look about growing up in Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• Arthwys
    replied
    Currently reading Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst by Robert Sapolsky.
    A very interesting dive into Human behaviour and the Neuroscience and Neurochemistry involved in How we respond, and what we respond to:

https://www.amazon.ca/Behave-Biology.../dp/1594205078

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X